2 Replies Latest reply on Jul 29, 2009 5:55 AM by romyo0o

iframe not working in rich:tabpanel

Dear all,

I'm currently stuck with a problem concerning rich:tabpanel that holds an iframe. I have a rich:tabpanel with a tab containing an iframe. The src of the iframe is an other jsf page containing rich elements (a rich:tree or a rich:modal for example) that contain richfaces ajax elements.
      When I open the tab the iframe load the content (my tree is loaded). I can browse the tree and the ajax method work fine. But if I go back to the page containing the tab then I cannot perform actions anymore. None of the ajax elements are triggered anymore... All my links are broken, nothing happens.
      I did several tests and the problem occurs each time the iframe calls a page containing high level Richfaces components such as Tree or modal. If the page only contains a rich:panel for example, it works fine. It seems that as soon as the iframe contains a jsf page with ajax elements there is a conflict betwwen the pages. Do I have to surround my elements with a4j:region elements?

It looks like the request send by my first action (when I use the tree in the iframe) is conflicting with other requests...

Currently I cannot switch to an higher version of the RichFaces libraries as I have to use weblogic 9.2SP3 which is not JEE 5 compliant. I have to deal with Richfaces 3.1.5 and JSF 1.1.

For information here is my configuration: Weblogic 9.2 SP3, jRockit jrrt-3.1.0-1.5.0, windows XP, Richfaces 3.1.5, JSF 1.1, IE 6.0

Hope you can help me, thanks in advance.
      Best regards,
      kins.

This issue has been logged as [RF-7578].

• 1. Re: iframe not working in rich:tabpanel
          ilya_shaikovsky

3.1.x branch is no more supported. And we not planning to release any patches, micro-releases in this branch.

So now possible ways are:
          0) update to latest supported branch (3.3.x curently)
          1) try to check the reason of the problem on your own and apply needed patches manually.
          2) wait for some community answer.. maybe somebody already asked this.
          3) use jboss support subscription system.

We could check such cases there also but after checking all the cases of supported versions.

• 2. Re: iframe not working in rich:tabpanel
            romyo0o

did u try some thing like that ?

<rich:tab id="accountAdministrationTab" styleClass="headerLabel"
             label="Account Administration"
             style="height: 100%;border-left: none;">

<f:verbatim>

<iframe src="AccountAdmin.faces" width="100%" height="100%"
             scrolling="auto" frameborder="0" marginheight="0px"
             marginwidth="0px">
             </iframe>

</f:verbatim>