3 Replies Latest reply on May 9, 2011 3:49 AM by jaikiran pai

    Couple of new user questions to hopefully get me started

    Michael Warren Newbie

      We currently use AS5 and JBM where I work.

      I'm not the JBoss expert at work and I'm trying to integrate HornetQ into AS5 on my own after hearing about it, therefore I'm not an expert on all of this, but I do have a mid-range understanding.


      We currently have a custom .ear in the current deploy directory that has a lib directory, a .jar directory and .sar directory (and all the related xml files)

      When I run the HornetQ script to integrate into AS5 it creates the new default-with-hornetq directory as it should.

      I start up the AS and see some exceptions that I can't quite figure out how to resolve.


      I've spent some time looking over this forum trying to figure out what's going on but I'm afraid I'm looking at things that may not be the cause (although I've learned quite a bit about JBoss AS5 structure)

      Hopefully any answers to these few questions will at least let me know what I don't need to look at any more.


      1. Can I just leave the ejb-jar.xml and jboss.xml files (where we define our custom session beans and MDBs) in our custom deploy/ear/jar directory) alone?

      2. Same question about the jboss-service.xml file in our custom deploy/.ear/.sar directory  (I have added the hornetQ resource adapter here)

      3. Our custom deploy/ear directory has a lib subdirectory with custom jar files as well as things like jboss-messaging-client.jar.  Do I need to remove this and/or copy the HornetQ jars into this directory?

      4. In our JBM deploy directory there is a messaging directory with the JBM xml files.  Does any of this information need to be migrated manually into the deploy/hornetq.sar xml files, or is this handled during the AS5 integration script I ran as the initial step?


      Thanks,

      MW





        • 1. Couple of new user questions to hopefully get me started
          Michael Warren Newbie

          I'm thinking the jboss-service.xml file definitely needs to be changed, but I'm just not sure exactly what to do.

          Any guidance to a URL or manual section would be appreciated.

           

          I currently see this in the jboss-service.xml file.and I'm assuming the ServerPeer and PostOffice lines need to be removed because they are JBM specific from what I understand

           

          <server>

             <mbean code="org.jboss.jms.server.destination.TopicService"

                name="lme.topic:service=Topic,name=broadcastMessage"

                xmbean-dd="xmdesc/Topic-xmbean.xml">

                <depends optional-attribute-name="ServerPeer">jboss.messaging:service=ServerPeer</depends>

                <depends>jboss.messaging:service=PostOffice</depends>

                <attribute name="FullSize">500</attribute>

                <attribute name="MaxSize">100000</attribute>

                <attribute name="DownCacheSize">200</attribute>

                <attribute name="PageSize">200</attribute>

             </mbean>

             <mbean code="org.jboss.jms.server.destination.TopicService"

                name="lme.topic:service=Topic,name=tableChange"

                xmbean-dd="xmdesc/Topic-xmbean.xml">

                <depends optional-attribute-name="ServerPeer">jboss.messaging:service=ServerPeer</depends>

                <depends>jboss.messaging:service=PostOffice</depends>

                <attribute name="FullSize">500</attribute>

                <attribute name="MaxSize">100000</attribute>

                <attribute name="DownCacheSize">200</attribute>

                <attribute name="PageSize">200</attribute>

             </mbean>

          • 2. Couple of new user questions to hopefully get me started
            jaikiran pai Master

            Michael, welcome to the forums!

             

             

            Michael Warren wrote:


             

             

             

             

             



            1. Can I just leave the ejb-jar.xml and jboss.xml files (where we define our custom session beans and MDBs) in our custom deploy/ear/jar directory) alone?

            Yes, you can leave them as they are. The ejb-jar.xml and jboss.xml are deployment descriptors for EJBs and are expected to be in the .jar/META-INF folder. So in your case, you can leave them in deploy/.ear/.jar/META-INF.

             

             

            Michael Warren wrote:

             

             


             

             

            2. Same question about the jboss-service.xml file in our custom deploy/.ear/.sar directory  (I have added the hornetQ resource adapter here)

            I'm not sure about this one. I thought the HornetQ scripts would setup the resource adapter for you and you don't have to package them in your application. I'll leave this one to someone who has more knowledge about how HornetQ is setup in JBoss AS 5.1.0.

             

             

             

            Michael Warren wrote:

             

             


             

             

            3. Our custom deploy/ear directory has a lib subdirectory with custom jar files as well as things like jboss-messaging-client.jar.  Do I need to remove this and/or copy the HornetQ jars into this directory?

            You don't have to package those JBoss Messaging jars or even the HornetQ jars. Those are server specific classes and need not be packaged in the application. So remove those from your .ear.

             

             

            Michael Warren wrote:

             

             


             

             

            4. In our JBM deploy directory there is a messaging directory with the JBM xml files.  Does any of this information need to be migrated manually into the deploy/hornetq.sar xml files, or is this handled during the AS5 integration script I ran as the initial step?

            The configuration files for HornetQ and different from the ones that were used for JBoss Messaging. So yes, you'll have to recreate these files for HornetQ and get rid off the old ones.

            • 3. Couple of new user questions to hopefully get me started
              jaikiran pai Master

              Michael Warren wrote:

               


              <server>

                 <mbean code="org.jboss.jms.server.destination.TopicService"

                    name="lme.topic:service=Topic,name=broadcastMessage"

                    xmbean-dd="xmdesc/Topic-xmbean.xml">

                    <depends optional-attribute-name="ServerPeer">jboss.messaging:service=ServerPeer</depends>

                    <depends>jboss.messaging:service=PostOffice</depends>

                    <attribute name="FullSize">500</attribute>

                    <attribute name="MaxSize">100000</attribute>

                    <attribute name="DownCacheSize">200</attribute>

                    <attribute name="PageSize">200</attribute>

                 </mbean>

                 <mbean code="org.jboss.jms.server.destination.TopicService"

                    name="lme.topic:service=Topic,name=tableChange"

                    xmbean-dd="xmdesc/Topic-xmbean.xml">

                    <depends optional-attribute-name="ServerPeer">jboss.messaging:service=ServerPeer</depends>

                    <depends>jboss.messaging:service=PostOffice</depends>

                    <attribute name="FullSize">500</attribute>

                    <attribute name="MaxSize">100000</attribute>

                    <attribute name="DownCacheSize">200</attribute>

                    <attribute name="PageSize">200</attribute>

                 </mbean>

              Those are your application specific JMS topics configured in JBoss Messaging style. You'll no longer need that file and instead you'll have to create an HornetQ equivalent of that configuration. Here's how it should look like http://community.jboss.org/wiki/HowToCreateJMSQueuetopicInAS6