11 Replies Latest reply on May 11, 2011 11:32 PM by Khoi Nguyen

I am not seeing my portlet in Application Registry

s_ansu Newbie

Hi,

I am new to Jboss portal server.

I create the Helloworldportlet. Create a War and then deployed in my deploy directory.

I wanted to view the portlet in Application Registry.

When I click the Application Registry, I am not seeing the portlet that I have deployed in deploy directory.

I expect the Name in Portlet.xml to appear in Application Registry.

I also see that the WAR got deployed.

Please help me out.

regards,

Anand

• 1. I am not seeing my portlet in Application Registry
          Prabhat Jha Master

You would have to click on "Import .." once you go to Application Registry UI and it should show up after that.

• 2. I am not seeing my portlet in Application Registry
            s_ansu Newbie

Hi,

I did click Import Application. However I dont see the portlet in the listing.

I am not sure whether it really loaded the war file that i created.

Let me know how to debug it

regards,

Anand

• 3. Re: I am not seeing my portlet in Application Registry
              Sergey Zubarev Newbie

Check server logs (server/default/log/server.log).

it should looks like:

2011-05-10 15:54:08,307 INFO  [org.jboss.web.tomcat.service.deployers.TomcatDeployment] deploy, ctxPath=/starter

• 4. I am not seeing my portlet in Application Registry
                s_ansu Newbie

Hi,

I do see my the Context Path /HelloworldPortlet.GA  in the server.log

So the war file is deployed without any errors.

I am not sure why it is not showing the name in Application Registry.

What happens when the import application happens. Is there any log that I can enable so that I can see what are all the portlets that gets loaded.

regards,
                anand

• 5. I am not seeing my portlet in Application Registry
                  Sergey Zubarev Newbie

All available portlets displayed in porlet tab (in application registry).

• 6. I am not seeing my portlet in Application Registry
                    s_ansu Newbie

I dont see them in the application registry.

What could be the problem

• 7. I am not seeing my portlet in Application Registry
                      s_ansu Newbie

Hi,

I deploy the helloworld war.

Then I call the import applications on the Application Registry

The log displayed is

20:57:15,219 INFO  [TomcatDeployment] deploy, ctxPath=/helloworldportlet-1.0.1-GA

20:59:15,508 INFO  [portal:PortalSessionListener] portal' portal

20:59:21,275 INFO  [ConversationRegistry] Parameter concurrency-level was not found in configuration, default 16 will be used.

20:59:40,603 INFO  [ExoCacheFactoryImpl] The configuration template will be used for the the cache 'TemplateService'.

20:59:40,669 INFO  [ExoCacheFactoryImpl] The cache 'TemplateService' will be created with 'class org.exoplatform.commons.cache.SimpleExoCacheCreator'.

20:59:40,822 INFO  [PlatformMBeanServerRegistration] JBossCache MBeans were successfully registered to the platform mbean server.

20:59:40,822 INFO  [ComponentRegistry] JBoss Cache version: JBossCache 'Malagueta' 3.2.6.GA

21:00:05,259 INFO  [ApplicationRegistryServiceImpl] About to import portlets in application registry

21:00:05,259 INFO  [ApplicationRegistryServiceImpl] Importing portlet (exoadmin,local._exoadmin.PageManagementPortlet) in categories [Administration]

21:00:05,260 INFO  [ApplicationRegistryServiceImpl] Importing portlet (exoadmin,local._exoadmin.PortalNavigationPortlet) in categories [System]

21:00:05,260 INFO  [ApplicationRegistryServiceImpl] Importing portlet (exoadmin,local._exoadmin.ApplicationRegistryPortlet) in categories [Administration]

21:00:05,261 INFO  [ApplicationRegistryServiceImpl] Importing portlet (exoadmin,local._exoadmin.AccountPortlet) in categories [Administration]

21:00:05,295 INFO  [ApplicationRegistryServiceImpl] Importing portlet (dashboard,local._dashboard.DashboardPortlet) in categories [Integration]

21:00:05,296 INFO  [ApplicationRegistryServiceImpl] Importing portlet (web,local._web.LogoPortlet) in categories [System]

21:00:05,296 INFO  [ApplicationRegistryServiceImpl] Importing portlet (web,local._web.BannerPortlet) in categories [System]

21:00:05,296 INFO  [ApplicationRegistryServiceImpl] Importing portlet (web,local._web.IFramePortlet) in categories [Integration]

21:00:05,297 INFO  [ApplicationRegistryServiceImpl] Importing portlet (exoadmin,local._exoadmin.RegisterPortlet) in categories [Administration]

21:00:05,297 INFO  [ApplicationRegistryServiceImpl] Importing portlet (wsrp-admin-gui,local._wsrp-admin-gui.WSRPConfigurationPortlet) in categories [Administration]

21:00:05,297 INFO  [ApplicationRegistryServiceImpl] Importing portlet (dashboard,local._dashboard.GadgetPortlet) in categories [Integration]

21:00:05,310 INFO  [ApplicationRegistryServiceImpl] Importing portlet (exoadmin,local._exoadmin.OrganizationPortlet) in categories [Administration]

21:00:05,311 INFO  [ApplicationRegistryServiceImpl] Importing portlet (web,local._web.HomePagePortlet) in categories [System]

21:00:05,311 INFO  [ApplicationRegistryServiceImpl] Importing portlet (web,local._web.BreadcumbsPortlet) in categories [System]

21:00:05,312 INFO  [ApplicationRegistryServiceImpl] Importing portlet (web,local._web.NavigationPortlet) in categories [System]

21:00:05,312 INFO  [ApplicationRegistryServiceImpl] Importing portlet (web,local._web.SiteMapPortlet) in categories [Navigation]

21:00:05,312 INFO  [ApplicationRegistryServiceImpl] Importing portlet (dashboard,local._dashboard.TabbedDashboardPortlet) in categories [System]

21:00:05,313 INFO  [ApplicationRegistryServiceImpl] Importing portlet (exoadmin,local._exoadmin.GroupNavigationPortlet) in categories [Administration]

21:00:05,313 INFO  [ApplicationRegistryServiceImpl] Importing portlet (web,local._web.FooterPortlet) in categories [System]

I dont see the hello world portlet being imported in the list.

Also it says 'Parameter concurrency-level was not found in configuration'

What does this means?

regards,

anand

• 8. I am not seeing my portlet in Application Registry
                        Trong Tran Master

I dont see the hello world portlet being imported in the list.

Also it says 'Parameter concurrency-level was not found in configuration'

What does this means?

it isn't related.

it's hard to make a precise guess what is the problem here. Could you attach your helloworld war ?

• 10. Re: I am not seeing my portlet in Application Registry
                          Trong Tran Master

Why i don't see the portlet descriptor file WEB-INF/portlet.xml in your war ? Of course, the portlet will not be registered if the portlet.xml file does not exist

• 11. Re: I am not seeing my portlet in Application Registry
                            Khoi Nguyen Novice

As I see, you have to rename the portal.xml file in WEB-INF to portlet.xml. GateIn cannot understand what portal.xml is.