5 Replies Latest reply on May 13, 2011 3:29 AM by preeti dixit

rich:editor file upload

preeti dixit Newbie

Is it possible to upload the files from rich:editor's insert image option.

I want that when user will click on rich:editor insert image option then he will get the popup window to upload the files from system and then save the file to database/filesystem.

How i can achieve this?

Please help.

• 1. rich:editor file upload
          Ilya Shaikovsky Master

only by adding tinyMCE plugins. you could check available at their resources and the description of how to add to the component in our reference doc.

• 2. rich:editor file upload
            preeti dixit Newbie

Hi Ilya,

Thanks for you immediate response. I gone through the documentation i didn't get anything.One more issue which i am facing with rich:editor is when i am saving any data of rich:editor in database it is saving with style information.

[i][b]testj[/b][/i] like this.Is ther any configuration required for rich:editor to save the data in html format not like this?

please help.

• 3. rich:editor file upload
              Ilya Shaikovsky Master

1) not in our documentation. But need to search across  tiny MCE plugins. Our documentation just says how to add plugin.

2)  http://livedemo.exadel.com/richfaces-demo/richfaces/editor.jsf shows html as expected. And in your case you probably turned seam text on.

• 4. rich:editor file upload
                preeti dixit Newbie

Hi Ilya,

Thanks for providing information.

I have used useSeamText="true" in rich:editor tag.I am using jboss 4.2 application server.

whenever i am running this application i got the following  error :

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/jboss/seam/text/SeamTextParser$Sanitizer

org.richfaces.convert.seamtext.DefaultSeamTextConverter.getAsObject(DefaultSeamTextConverter.java:62)

org.ajax4jsf.util.InputUtils.getConvertedValue(InputUtils.java:87)

org.richfaces.renderkit.EditorRendererBase.getConvertedValue(EditorRendererBase.java:76)

do you have any idea why it's happening.

I am new to seam.Please help.

• 5. rich:editor file upload
                  preeti dixit Newbie

HI ilya,

i got the solution.There was some error in rich:editor plugin configuration.It's working now and i am able to save my data in html format.

Ilya can you provide me some resource/link from where i can get the information how to integrate and customize the plugin to richfaces component?

Thanks,