3 Replies Latest reply on Jun 22, 2011 8:09 PM by david_b

Admin Console Slow to Open after Server Restart

david_b Newbie

Hi all,

I've noticed the admin console is very slow to open the first time after a server restart. I timed it today and it's a full 1:30 between clicking the link and the login page appearing. There is no trace in the console until ~1 min, after which the following is shown:

[org.jboss.web.tomcat.service.deployers.TomcatDeployment] deploy, ctxPath=/admin-console
      [org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext] The listener "com.sun.faces.config.ConfigureListener" is already configured for this context. The duplicate definition has been ignored.
      [javax.enterprise.resource.webcontainer.jsf.config] Initializing Mojarra 2.0.3 ( b05) for context '/admin-console'

Subsequent openings are almost instantaneous.

I'm running JBoss 6.0.0.Final. This happens with a default install without anything deployed. Interestingly, it's only occuring on my Win XP development box and not on our CentOS test server.

I did find this JIRA issue which seems releated, although my startup is much slower. I suspect the initial 1min delay I'm observing is caused by something else.

Any idea why this might be happening, or a suggested fix?