3 Replies Latest reply on Aug 7, 2009 3:57 PM by margotmedia

rich:tree and nodeSelectListener

margotmedia

Hi!

I am using rich:tree in my application and it works fine except the nodeSelectListener (even it should be the expected behaviour).

When a node is selected, my selectListener is called correctly. Now a user can click an a4j:commandButton in my application. This command button executes some update action on the form. Now I want, that the selected node can be selected a second time. But, when the user clicks the selected node, the selectListener isn't called.

May be it is the expected behaviour, but i need this feature like I explained above. It's very important for the application.

Does anybody know a workaround for this scenario?

Thank you very much!

regards,
      margotmedia.

• 1. Re: rich:tree and nodeSelectListener
          margotmedia

fyi: I tried also rerendering the tree component, but despite the rerendering the node is still selected and when clicking on the node the selectListener isn't called.

I looked in the javadoc, but couldn't find a method for setting or getting the selected node. Did I miss anything?

Thanks!

regards,
          margotmedia.

• 2. Re: rich:tree and nodeSelectListener
            ilya_shaikovsky

use tree state advisors in order to select/deselect/expand/collapse nodes between requests.

• 3. Re: rich:tree and nodeSelectListener
              margotmedia

Thank you for your reply! These methods are for sure very useful. But I didn't find good documentations or examples, so I wan't able to use them.

However I found out how to solve my problem. Now I using the componentState attribute of the tree. With the componentState in the backing bean, I can easily change the state at any time I want and then reRender the tree.

regards,
              margotmedia.