1 Reply Latest reply on Jun 5, 2011 3:32 PM by nbelaevski

HtmlMenuItem and rendering mailto link

chrisdurham

I am trying to generate a help menu within my web application and would to like to place a mailto link within the menu to open the clients default mail program and fill in the to: and subject fields. I am creating the entire menuToolbar dynamically from a bound bean and can successfully create the link but I'm not getting the behaviour I want! ie.

HtmlToolBarGroup tmpTBGroup;

tmpTBGroup = (HtmlToolBarGroup) app.createComponent(HtmlToolBarGroup.COMPONENT_TYPE);

tmpTBGroup.setLocation("right");

HtmlDropDownMenu helpMenu;

HtmlMenuItem tmpMenuItem;

helpMenu = (HtmlDropDownMenu) app.createComponent(HtmlDropDownMenu.COMPONENT_TYPE);

helpMenu.setValue("Help");

tmpMenuItem = (HtmlMenuItem) app.createComponent(HtmlMenuItem.COMPONENT_TYPE);

tmpMenuItem.setSubmitMode("client");

tmpMenuItem.setValue("Help Request");

tmpMenuItem.setOnclick("mailto:help@omniuscomputing.co.uk?subject=Website Help Request");

helpMenu.getChildren().add(tmpMenuItem);

tmpTBGroup.getChildren().add(helpMenu);

creates a menu item correctly but it does nothing when clicked.

If I use -

tmpMenuItem.setOnclick("window.open(\"mailto:help@omniuscomputing.co.uk?subject=Website Help Request\")");

then IE9 opens a new window and then tries to render the mailto link which does open the default email program but it leaves a blank window wich just looks rubbish! Any help would be appreciated.