3 Replies Latest reply on Jun 17, 2011 8:51 AM by Wolfgang Knauf

How can I run a batch job when start Jboss in eclipse?

Eric Frey Newbie

I use JBoss AS 5.0 with eclipse 3.6. I start Jboss inside eclipse, the problems is, eclipse start jboss by direclty calling run.jar, and I need to do some assembling job(file copying etc.) each time when I start the server, there's not where I can put this operation when I click the start button, are there any ways to run some pre-proccessing tasks before calling run.jar?

• 1. Re: How can I run a batch job when start Jboss in eclipse?
          Wolfgang Knauf Master

Hi,

do you use Eclipse Web Tools Platform, or do you use JBoss Tools plugin?

If you use the WTP plugin: take a look at the file "%ECLIPSE_HOME%\plugins\org.eclipse.jst.server.generic.jboss_1.6.1.v200904151730\servers\jboss5.serverdef": here you find the configuration for the JBoss startup job:

{code:xml}

<start>

<mainClass>org.jboss.Main</mainClass>

<workingDirectory>${serverRootDirectory}/bin</workingDirectory>

<programArguments>-c ${serverConfig}</programArguments>

<vmParameters>-Dprogram.name=run.bat -Xms128m -Xmx512m  -XX:MaxPermSize=256m</vmParameters>

<classpathReference>jboss</classpathReference>

</start>

{code}

Maybe this is a starting point to do further research. You might call e.g. a custom java program which performs your tasks and then chains the server startup call.

I know that this is not the solution for your question, but hopefully it provides some startup help.

Wolfgang

• 2. Re: How can I run a batch job when start Jboss in eclipse?
            Eric Frey Newbie

I know that this is not the solution for your question, but hopefully it provides some startup help.

Actually, this is really the solution of my problem. And I use jboss byteman to intercept this main method. start a proecess and call my bat file.

Other things I can do might be writting my own eclipse plugin and handle the behavior the wtp jboss plugin, which is too far from what I want.

do you use Eclipse Web Tools Platform?

Yes I use WTP, in the server settting tab, there's a section called Ant Publisher Properties, it seems you can specify an Ant build file before launching the server, is it right? How to use that function, whenever I specify a build file, it says property not found.

• 3. Re: How can I run a batch job when start Jboss in eclipse?
              Wolfgang Knauf Master

Sorry, never used the "Ant publisher properties" options ;-).

Wolfgang