2 Replies Latest reply on Jun 21, 2011 3:50 AM by sonu1311

Deploy issue with ear having sar archive while upgrading Jboss 4.0 to 5.0.1

sonu1311

Hi,

I am currently working over upgrading jboss for our j2ee application involving ejb2. The EAR file contains jar, sar and war. In my debugging so far I have found the timer services via Mbeans we have in .sar are not getting started as its waiting to be called up again by service=EjbModule.

In Jboss 4:

2011-06-20 11:59:23,294 DEBUG [EjbModule] Created jboss.j2ee:service=EjbModule,module=MyEJB.jar

2011-06-20 11:59:23,294 DEBUG [LocalJBossServerDomain] handleNotification: javax.management.Notification[source=jboss.system:service=ServiceController][type=org.jboss.system.ServiceMBean.create][message=]

2011-06-20 11:59:23,295 DEBUG [ServiceController] Creating dependent components for: jboss.j2ee:service=EjbModule,module=SynchronyEJB.jar dependents are: [ObjectName: sync:service=SyncStartup  State: CONFIGURED  I Depend On:

jboss.j2ee:service=EjbModule,module=SynchronyEJB.jar

Depends On Me:    sync:service=WorkflowMgrStartup    sync:service=MServer

Once the EJBmodule is started then all the dependent services are also getting started afterwards.

In Jboss 5 :

I don't see any logging for creating the dependent services and then starting them for

[org.jboss.ejb.EjbModule] (main) Started jboss.j2ee:service=EjbModule,module="MyEJB.jar"

-----

Copied from jboss-service.xml from .sar

<mbean code="javax.management.timer.Timer" name="sync:service=timer"/>

<mbean code="sync.server.util.SyncStartup" name="sync:service=SyncStartup">
          <attribute name="Environment">PROD</attribute>
          <attribute name="InitConnections">10</attribute>
          <attribute name="MaxConnections">40</attribute>
          <attribute name="PartitionName">${jboss.partition.name:DefaultPartition}</attribute>
          <attribute name="OpenCIMAutoStartDelay">20000</attribute>
          <depends>jboss.j2ee:service=EjbModule,module=MyEJB.jar</depends>
        </mbean>

Please help me to resolve this. The ultimate aim is to migrate to Jboss 6 but just going int steps as I see same issue on 6 also.

Am I missing any configuration setting in Jboss 5 ?

Thanks.

• 1. Re: Deploy issue with ear having sar archive while upgrading Jboss 4.0 to 5.0.1
          sonu1311

Found something interesting which is different in jboss 4 and 5 and which may be a clue to the problem:

I have following dependency mentioned in jboss-service.xml file of sar archive

<depends>jboss.j2ee:service=EjbModule,module=MyEJB.jar</depends>

This is what I noticed:

In Jboss 4:

[ServiceController] recording that sync:service=SyncStartup depends on jboss.j2ee:service=EjbModule,module=SynchronyEJB.jar

its remain as it is jboss.j2ee:service=EjbModule,module=MyEJB.jar

In Jboss 5:

DEBUG [org.jboss.system.ServiceController] (main) Waiting in create of sync:service=SyncStartup on jboss.j2ee:module=MYEJB.jar,service=EjbModule

It has been changed to 'jboss.j2ee:module=MyEJB.jar,service=EjbModule' - Switched places automatically.

Now the service is being created and started as jboss.j2ee:service=EjbModule,module=MyEJB.jar as mentioned in -service.xml in both Jboss 4 and 5 but in jboss 5 its being put on wait with different name.

Dependency "sync:service=SyncStartup" (should be in state "Create", but is actually in state "Configured")
            Deployment "sync:service=SyncStartup" is missing the following dependencies:
              Dependency "jboss.j2ee:module=MyEJB.jar,service=EjbModule" (should be in state "Create", but is actually in state "** NOT FOUND Depends on 'jboss.j2ee:module=SynchronyEJB.jar,service=EjbModule' **")

Can anyone help here?

• 2. Re: Deploy issue with ear having sar archive while upgrading Jboss 4.0 to 5.0.1
            sonu1311

I able to resolve this by changing the dependency to one of the EJB rather than full EJB.jar.