6 Replies Latest reply on Jun 24, 2011 12:29 PM by rabbia umair

Warning while deploying in JBoss 6

rabbia umair Newbie

I am creating a JavaEE 6 EnterpriseApplication on NetBeans7. JBoss 6.0.0.Final is the application Server. When i deploy the EJB Module on JBoss, it gives the following message:

WARN  [org.jboss.profileservice.management.upload.remoting.DeployHandler] Failed to complete command: [start] for deployment: names=[EA-ejb.jar]: org.jboss.profileservice.spi.NoSuchDeploymentException: EA-ejb.jar
                    at org.jboss.profileservice.plugins.deploy.AbstractDeployHandler.resolveProfileForDeployment(AbstractDeployHandler.java:291) [:0.2.2]
                    at org.jboss.profileservice.plugins.deploy.AbstractDeployHandler.resolveProfiles(AbstractDeployHandler.java:248) [:0.2.2]
                    at org.jboss.profileservice.plugins.deploy.AbstractDeployHandler.startDeployments(AbstractDeployHandler.java:157) [:0.2.2]
                    at org.jboss.profileservice.management.upload.remoting.DeployHandlerDelegate.startDeployments(DeployHandlerDelegate.java:74) [:6.0.0.Final]
                    at org.jboss.profileservice.management.upload.remoting.DeployHandler.invoke(DeployHandler.java:156) [:6.0.0.Final]
                    at org.jboss.remoting.ServerInvoker.invoke(ServerInvoker.java:898) [:6.0.0.Final]
                    at org.jboss.remoting.transport.socket.ServerThread.completeInvocation(ServerThread.java:791) [:6.0.0.Final]
                    at org.jboss.remoting.transport.socket.ServerThread.processInvocation(ServerThread.java:744) [:6.0.0.Final]
                    at org.jboss.remoting.transport.socket.ServerThread.dorun(ServerThread.java:548) [:6.0.0.Final]
                    at org.jboss.remoting.transport.socket.ServerThread.run(ServerThread.java:234) [:6.0.0.Final]

When i run the client, i get this warning:

WARN  [org.jboss.profileservice.management.upload.remoting.DeployHandler] Failed to complete command: [start] for deployment: names=[APClient.jar]: org.jboss.profileservice.spi.NoSuchDeploymentException: APClient.jar
                    at org.jboss.profileservice.plugins.deploy.AbstractDeployHandler.resolveProfileForDeployment(AbstractDeployHandler.java:291) [:0.2.2]
                    at org.jboss.profileservice.plugins.deploy.AbstractDeployHandler.resolveProfiles(AbstractDeployHandler.java:248) [:0.2.2]
                    at org.jboss.profileservice.plugins.deploy.AbstractDeployHandler.startDeployments(AbstractDeployHandler.java:157) [:0.2.2]
                    at org.jboss.profileservice.management.upload.remoting.DeployHandlerDelegate.startDeployments(DeployHandlerDelegate.java:74) [:6.0.0.Final]
                    at org.jboss.profileservice.management.upload.remoting.DeployHandler.invoke(DeployHandler.java:156) [:6.0.0.Final]
                    at org.jboss.remoting.ServerInvoker.invoke(ServerInvoker.java:898) [:6.0.0.Final]
                    at org.jboss.remoting.transport.socket.ServerThread.completeInvocation(ServerThread.java:791) [:6.0.0.Final]
                    at org.jboss.remoting.transport.socket.ServerThread.processInvocation(ServerThread.java:744) [:6.0.0.Final]
                    at org.jboss.remoting.transport.socket.ServerThread.dorun(ServerThread.java:548) [:6.0.0.Final]
                    at org.jboss.remoting.transport.socket.ServerThread.run(ServerThread.java:234) [:6.0.0.Final]

And the code at client does not run as well. It is very simple, just a Remote Stateless session bean with a method. In client, the Remote Session Bean is called through dependency injection i.e.

@EJB
          private static APFirstSessionBeanRemote aPFirstSessionBean;

Both client and ejb module jar files are however present in the deploy directory of JBoss.

What could be the issue?

Thanks

• 1. Re: Warning while deploying in JBoss 6
          jaikiran pai Master

What kind of a client is this? What does the code look like? It appears to be using the profileservice API and passing some incorrect values during deployment.

• 2. Re: Warning while deploying in JBoss 6
            rabbia umair Newbie

It is an Enterprise Application created using NetBeans 7. Client it is a simple Standalone client i.e. Enterprise Application Client. It has a single java class with a main method which calls the Session Bean method.

public class Test {
                @EJB
                private static APFirstSessionBeanRemote aPFirstSessionBean;

public static void main(String[] args) {
                    aPFirstSessionBean.simpleCall();
                }
            }

Then i have a EJB Module in the Enterprise Application The SessionBean is a Remote Session Bean which resides in the EJB Module.

@Stateless
            public class APFirstSessionBean implements APFirstSessionBeanRemote {

public void simpleCall() {
                    System.out.println("Method from the Session Bean...");
                }

}

The remote interface for the Session Bean is in a Java Class Library project.

@Remote
            public interface APFirstSessionBeanRemote {
                void simepleCall();
            }

Thats about it..  I have not created the persistence.xml file since no jpa entities are created yet.. maybe i am missing something over here.. JBoss 6 installation is new, it is first time i deployed any application on it. Are there any settings i have to do before deploying an application on JBoss? One more thing, this application is getting deployed in the default domain of JBoss.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

• 3. Re: Warning while deploying in JBoss 6
              Wolfgang Knauf Master

Hi,

to use injection in an application client, take a look at this document: http://community.jboss.org/wiki/HowToUseAnApplicationClientInJBoss-5

Best regards

Wolfgang

• 4. Re: Warning while deploying in JBoss 6
                rabbia umair Newbie

Thanks, i will try it. However i am using JBoss 6 at the moment.

Also do you think this issue has got something to do with injection at client?

Thanks

• 5. Re: Warning while deploying in JBoss 6
                  jaikiran pai Master

The issue appears to be related to who or how the application is being deployed to the server? In this case it probably is the NetBeans server integration plugin. I don't know how it does it. Looking at the stacktrace it either is using a wrong API on profileservice or something is triggering the usage of the wrong API. I think you'll have to ask this in the NetBeans forum.

• 6. Re: Warning while deploying in JBoss 6
                    rabbia umair Newbie

First I tried deploying through NetBeans7. I got the warnings i have posted above however the jars were present in the deploy directory of JBoss.

Then i ran the server outside NetBeans i.e. run.bat of JBoss. Then manually pasted both ejb.jar and client.jar in the deploy directory. Did not get this warning. Then i ran the client code through NetBeans 7 i.e. the main method i have listed above. But got the following error:

Unable to access jarfile

/NetBeansProjects/APClient/${APClient.jar}

Java Result: 1