6 Replies Latest reply on Jun 24, 2011 12:29 PM by jdeveloper11

Warning while deploying in JBoss 6

jdeveloper11

I am creating a JavaEE 6 EnterpriseApplication on NetBeans7. JBoss 6.0.0.Final is the application Server. When i deploy the EJB Module on JBoss, it gives the following message:

WARN  [org.jboss.profileservice.management.upload.remoting.DeployHandler] Failed to complete command: [start] for deployment: names=[EA-ejb.jar]: org.jboss.profileservice.spi.NoSuchDeploymentException: EA-ejb.jar
                    at org.jboss.profileservice.plugins.deploy.AbstractDeployHandler.resolveProfileForDeployment(AbstractDeployHandler.java:291) [:0.2.2]
                    at org.jboss.profileservice.plugins.deploy.AbstractDeployHandler.resolveProfiles(AbstractDeployHandler.java:248) [:0.2.2]
                    at org.jboss.profileservice.plugins.deploy.AbstractDeployHandler.startDeployments(AbstractDeployHandler.java:157) [:0.2.2]
                    at org.jboss.profileservice.management.upload.remoting.DeployHandlerDelegate.startDeployments(DeployHandlerDelegate.java:74) [:6.0.0.Final]
                    at org.jboss.profileservice.management.upload.remoting.DeployHandler.invoke(DeployHandler.java:156) [:6.0.0.Final]
                    at org.jboss.remoting.ServerInvoker.invoke(ServerInvoker.java:898) [:6.0.0.Final]
                    at org.jboss.remoting.transport.socket.ServerThread.completeInvocation(ServerThread.java:791) [:6.0.0.Final]
                    at org.jboss.remoting.transport.socket.ServerThread.processInvocation(ServerThread.java:744) [:6.0.0.Final]
                    at org.jboss.remoting.transport.socket.ServerThread.dorun(ServerThread.java:548) [:6.0.0.Final]
                    at org.jboss.remoting.transport.socket.ServerThread.run(ServerThread.java:234) [:6.0.0.Final]

When i run the client, i get this warning:

WARN  [org.jboss.profileservice.management.upload.remoting.DeployHandler] Failed to complete command: [start] for deployment: names=[APClient.jar]: org.jboss.profileservice.spi.NoSuchDeploymentException: APClient.jar
                    at org.jboss.profileservice.plugins.deploy.AbstractDeployHandler.resolveProfileForDeployment(AbstractDeployHandler.java:291) [:0.2.2]
                    at org.jboss.profileservice.plugins.deploy.AbstractDeployHandler.resolveProfiles(AbstractDeployHandler.java:248) [:0.2.2]
                    at org.jboss.profileservice.plugins.deploy.AbstractDeployHandler.startDeployments(AbstractDeployHandler.java:157) [:0.2.2]
                    at org.jboss.profileservice.management.upload.remoting.DeployHandlerDelegate.startDeployments(DeployHandlerDelegate.java:74) [:6.0.0.Final]
                    at org.jboss.profileservice.management.upload.remoting.DeployHandler.invoke(DeployHandler.java:156) [:6.0.0.Final]
                    at org.jboss.remoting.ServerInvoker.invoke(ServerInvoker.java:898) [:6.0.0.Final]
                    at org.jboss.remoting.transport.socket.ServerThread.completeInvocation(ServerThread.java:791) [:6.0.0.Final]
                    at org.jboss.remoting.transport.socket.ServerThread.processInvocation(ServerThread.java:744) [:6.0.0.Final]
                    at org.jboss.remoting.transport.socket.ServerThread.dorun(ServerThread.java:548) [:6.0.0.Final]
                    at org.jboss.remoting.transport.socket.ServerThread.run(ServerThread.java:234) [:6.0.0.Final]

And the code at client does not run as well. It is very simple, just a Remote Stateless session bean with a method. In client, the Remote Session Bean is called through dependency injection i.e.

@EJB
          private static APFirstSessionBeanRemote aPFirstSessionBean;

Both client and ejb module jar files are however present in the deploy directory of JBoss.

What could be the issue?

Thanks

• 1. Re: Warning while deploying in JBoss 6
          jaikiran

What kind of a client is this? What does the code look like? It appears to be using the profileservice API and passing some incorrect values during deployment.

• 2. Re: Warning while deploying in JBoss 6
            jdeveloper11

It is an Enterprise Application created using NetBeans 7. Client it is a simple Standalone client i.e. Enterprise Application Client. It has a single java class with a main method which calls the Session Bean method.

public class Test {
                @EJB
                private static APFirstSessionBeanRemote aPFirstSessionBean;

public static void main(String[] args) {
                    aPFirstSessionBean.simpleCall();
                }
            }

Then i have a EJB Module in the Enterprise Application The SessionBean is a Remote Session Bean which resides in the EJB Module.

@Stateless
            public class APFirstSessionBean implements APFirstSessionBeanRemote {

public void simpleCall() {
                    System.out.println("Method from the Session Bean...");
                }

}

The remote interface for the Session Bean is in a Java Class Library project.

@Remote
            public interface APFirstSessionBeanRemote {
                void simepleCall();
            }

Thats about it..  I have not created the persistence.xml file since no jpa entities are created yet.. maybe i am missing something over here.. JBoss 6 installation is new, it is first time i deployed any application on it. Are there any settings i have to do before deploying an application on JBoss? One more thing, this application is getting deployed in the default domain of JBoss.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

• 3. Re: Warning while deploying in JBoss 6
              wolfgangknauf

Hi,

to use injection in an application client, take a look at this document: http://community.jboss.org/wiki/HowToUseAnApplicationClientInJBoss-5

Best regards

Wolfgang

• 4. Re: Warning while deploying in JBoss 6
                jdeveloper11

Thanks, i will try it. However i am using JBoss 6 at the moment.

Also do you think this issue has got something to do with injection at client?

Thanks

• 5. Re: Warning while deploying in JBoss 6
                  jaikiran

The issue appears to be related to who or how the application is being deployed to the server? In this case it probably is the NetBeans server integration plugin. I don't know how it does it. Looking at the stacktrace it either is using a wrong API on profileservice or something is triggering the usage of the wrong API. I think you'll have to ask this in the NetBeans forum.

• 6. Re: Warning while deploying in JBoss 6
                    jdeveloper11

First I tried deploying through NetBeans7. I got the warnings i have posted above however the jars were present in the deploy directory of JBoss.

Then i ran the server outside NetBeans i.e. run.bat of JBoss. Then manually pasted both ejb.jar and client.jar in the deploy directory. Did not get this warning. Then i ran the client code through NetBeans 7 i.e. the main method i have listed above. But got the following error:

Unable to access jarfile

/NetBeansProjects/APClient/${APClient.jar}

Java Result: 1