1 Reply Latest reply on Jun 22, 2011 2:44 PM by scatudal

How to force a transition when HttpSession in which task was started is no longer valid

scatudal

Hi all,

I'm currently working on a web form workflow where forms are created, edited, approved and published.

We don't want two users to edit the same form simultaneously so there is a state availableToEdit.  From there, a user can start editing the web form.  If the user uses the web interface approprietly, it will either go back to availableToEdit or go on to the next state.  As you well know, it is impossible to enforce that.  This is why I want to know how I can force a transition when the HttpSession in which the task was started is no longer valid.

I know I could create a ServletContextListener that could force those transitions when sessions are destroyed or create a Quartz task that roots them out and do what is needed.  But I'm sure I'm not the only one with this kind of problem and it feels like there should be an easy solution within JBPM. Maybe with timers, but I haven't found out yet.

Thanks for your time,

Sylvain