4 Replies Latest reply on Jul 10, 2011 10:12 AM by reza_sadeghzadeh

show user task forms in task client application

reza_sadeghzadeh

Hi,

In jbpm5 I'd like to show to my user the user task form in a portlet in a Portal.

Is it possible to I can render ftl forms in a portlet in Portal ?

Thanks

• 1. Re: show user task forms in task client application
          krisverlaenen

Forms are just normal HTML web pages.  The console simply opens forms by navigating to the right URL in a popup frame.  So I guess you can just open the same url in any other web application as well?

Kris

• 2. Re: show user task forms in task client application
            reza_sadeghzadeh

Really thanks for your reply,

1. the good idea is to I put process defination and related .ftl file in Drools guvnor.

Is there any way that I can get the path of .ftl file in Drools gunor to I can include theme in a frame?

2. waht about form submit? in current .ftl files we have:

<form action="complete" method="POST" enctype="multipart/form-data">

If i show the form in a portlet, where does it should submit and who is take care of that?

Thanks again

• 3. Re: show user task forms in task client application
              krisverlaenen

Take a look at the jbpm-gwt-form module, that handles that exactly.  So the forms would use the REST service that is part of the jbpm-console to get the form, submit results etc.  That REST service gets the forms from guvnor.

https://github.com/droolsjbpm/jbpm/tree/master/jbpm-gwt/jbpm-gwt-form

Kris

• 4. Re: show user task forms in task client application
                reza_sadeghzadeh

Hi Kris,

thanks for your reply,

I checked out the  jbpm-gwt codes from github and read its codes.

I figured out that there is some classes like CommandDelegate,ProcessManager,... that they are the core of connection to repository and manage process.

I want to get list of ProcessDefinitions and ProcessInstances , so I did it:

get list of process definitions:

List<ProcessDefinitionRef> processDefinitions  =  processManager.getProcessDefinitions();

that it works properly

but I want get list of process Instances:

List<ProcessDefinitionRef> processDefinitions  =  processManager.getProcessDefinitions();

for(ProcessDefinitionRef processDefinition : processDefinitions){

List<ProcessInstanceRef> processInstances  =  processManager.getProcessInstances(processDefinition.getId());

System.out.println("ProcessDefinition Id=" + processDefinition.getId() + " Size=" + processInstances.size() )

}

but the List is empty and  no processInstances return.

I started some processInstances in jbpm-gwt console and I can see now list of them.

Would you please help me ?

Thanks