3 Replies Latest reply on Aug 25, 2009 10:09 AM by ilya_shaikovsky

Mediaoutput to play flash

Hi, I am trying to play flash video using media output, very similar to what is shown in the online demo. I used the exact code as given in the online demo. But i am getting this error.

javax.servlet.ServletException: javax.servlet.jsp.JspException: org.apache.jasper.JasperException: /ad/creativeUploadUI.jsp(133,49) #{..} is not allowed in template text
      org.apache.jasper.runtime.PageContextImpl.doHandlePageException(PageContextImpl.java:846)
      org.apache.jasper.runtime.PageContextImpl.handlePageException(PageContextImpl.java:779)
      org.apache.jsp.ad.editCreatives_jsp._jspService(editCreatives_jsp.java:81)
      org.apache.jasper.runtime.HttpJspBase.service(HttpJspBase.java:70)
      javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:803)
      org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.service(JspServletWrapper.java:373)

I tried the code with 3.3.0 and 3.3.1 . But its not working for me. I am not sure as what i am missing. Can anyone help ?

• 1. Re: Mediaoutput to play flash

The code used by me is the same as in demo.

<a4j:outputPanel id="flashPanelDynamic">

<a4j:mediaOutput element="a" id="swfLink" style="display: none;" cacheable="false" session="true"
          createContent="#{mediaBean.paint}" value="http://ads.diga.stage.adobe.com.s3.amazonaws.com/4/Asset10015_6_1251103832924.swf" />

<a4j:outputPanel layout="block" id="myFlashContent" style="width: 200px; height: 200px">

</a4j:outputPanel>

var flashvars = {};
          var params = {};
          var attributes = {};
          swfobject.embedSWF(#{rich:element('swfLink')}.href, "#{rich:clientId('myFlashContent')}", "200", "200", "9.0.0", false, flashvars, params, attributes);

</a4j:outputPanel>

• 2. Re: Mediaoutput to play flash

Sorry.javascript code was not displayed in the previous post.

var flashvars = {};
            var params = {};
            var attributes = {};
            swfobject.embedSWF(#{rich:element('swfLink')}.href, "#{rich:clientId('myFlashContent')}", "200", "200", "9.0.0", false, flashvars, params, attributes);

This is the same as in demo. I just copied from the demo. But i am getting the error.

• 3. Re: Mediaoutput to play flash
              ilya_shaikovsky

JSP not allows such EL usage inside script. use document.getElementById('formId:swfLink') instead to get element.