8 Replies Latest reply on Jul 3, 2012 7:51 AM by sfcoy

can't start as7 from tar.gz distribution

yurique

Hi, everyone!

I've downloaded the jboss-as-7.0.0.Final.tar.gz archive and unpacked it into ~/bin directory. Now when I try to start AS (~/bin/jboss-as-7.0.0.Final/bin/standalone.sh) I get the following error:

21:37:24,706 INFO  [org.jboss.modules] JBoss Modules version 1.0.1.GA

Exception in thread "main" org.jboss.modules.ModuleLoadError: Error loading module from /home/yurique/bin/jboss-as-7.0.0.Final/modules/org/jboss/as/controller-client/main/module.xml

at org.jboss.modules.ModuleLoadException.toError(ModuleLoadException.java:78)

Caused by: javax.xml.stream.XMLStreamException: ParseError at [row,col]:[28,75]

Message: Failed to add resource root 'jboss-as-controller-client-7.0.0.Final.jar' at path 'jboss-as-controller-client-7.0.0.Final.jar'

at org.jboss.modules.ModuleXmlParser.parseResourceRoot(ModuleXmlParser.java:751)

While writing this post I downloaded a zip distribution and tryed to use it. And it works.

So I guess there is some kind of problem with the tar.gz distro.

• 1. Re: can't start as7 from tar.gz distribution
          dlofthouse

Thank you for the post, I am just going to test this now.

• 2. Re: can't start as7 from tar.gz distribution
            dlofthouse

BTW - Was it the web profile you downloaded or the everything distro?

• 3. Re: can't start as7 from tar.gz distribution
              dlofthouse

Just tried both tar.gz distros here and no issues.

If you still have them extracted can you double check that the folder  /home/yurique/bin/jboss-as-7.0.0.Final/modules/org/jboss/as/controller-client/main does contain the jar jboss-as-controller-client-7.0.0.Final.jar, the error message suggests this may not be found correctly.

• 4. Re: can't start as7 from tar.gz distribution
                yurique

I downloaded the "everything" distro.

I've checked that dir, and I see two files within:

module.xml and "jboss-as-controller-client-7.0.0.Fi", it looks like the name got truncated during unpack.

I believe this happened because I used "mc" to  extract the archive.

Tried to extract with "tar xzf" just now and everything is good.

So it seems to be a false alarm

• 5. Re: can't start as7 from tar.gz distribution
                  michielt

Thanks for posting your result!

I was having this exact same problem...

edit: I'm on a vanilla AIX 6.1 box. Had to install GNU tar to be able to untar long path/file names

• 6. Re: can't start as7 from tar.gz distribution
                    navinpmjboss

Hello, I am getting below error,

16:53:16,759 INFO  [org.jboss.modules] JBoss Modules version 1.0.2.GA

Exception in thread "main" org.jboss.modules.ModuleLoadError: Error loading module from /PRDACMNP/jboss/jboss-as-7.0.2.Final/modules/org/jboss/as/controller-client/main/module.xml

at org.jboss.modules.Module.getPaths(Module.java:1106)

at org.jboss.modules.Module.loadModuleClass(Module.java:585)

Message: Failed to add resource root 'jboss-as-controller-client-7.0.2.Final.jar' at path 'jboss-as-controller-client-7.0.2.Final.jar'

Please suggest some resolution. I am using jboss-as-7.0.2.Final.tar as distribution. Also my machine is solaris 9 with sparc plateform. Am I missing any configuration?

• 7. Re: can't start as7 from tar.gz distribution
                      navinpmjboss

Hi Diren,

I am still getting below error. Kindly suggest some corrective steps.

Hello, I am getting below error,

16:53:16,759 INFO  [org.jboss.modules] JBoss Modules version 1.0.2.GA

Exception in thread "main" org.jboss.modules.ModuleLoadError: Error loading module from /PRDACMNP/jboss/jboss-as-7.0.2.Final/modules/org/jboss/as/controller-client/main/module.xml

at org.jboss.modules.Module.getPaths(Module.java:1106)

at org.jboss.modules.Module.loadModuleClass(Module.java:585)

Message: Failed to add resource root 'jboss-as-controller-client-7.0.2.Final.jar' at path 'jboss-as-controller-client-7.0.2.Final.jar'

I am using jboss-as-7.0.2.Final.tar as distribution. Also my machine is solaris 9 with sparc plateform. Am I missing any configuration?

• 8. Re: can't start as7 from tar.gz distribution
                        sfcoy

Please start a new discussion instead of resurrecting one from a year ago...