0 Replies Latest reply on Jul 21, 2011 5:32 AM by tanya_mk

Conditionally Adding Components

tanya_mk

Hi all,

I am trying to migrate an existing project that uses RichFaces 3.3 to use RichFaces 4.0. I faced the following problem. I want to do something like this:

<h:form>

<rich:panel>

<c:if test="${object.data['key'] == 1}">

<a4j:outputPanel>

<ui:include src="/WEB-INF/html/sectionDocument1.xhtml">

<ui:param name="refresh" value="sectionTree, sectionInformationPanel"/>

<ui:param name="thisPage" value="sections"/>

</ui:include>

</a4j:outputPanel>

</c:if>

<c:if test="${object.data['key'] == 2}">

<a4j:outputPanel>

<ui:include src="/WEB-INF/html/sectionDocument2.xhtml">

<ui:param name="refresh" value="sectionTree, sectionInformationPanel"/>

<ui:param name="thisPage" value="sections"/>

</ui:include>

</a4j:outputPanel>

</c:if>

</rich:panel>

</h:form>

I want to include sectionDocument1.xhtml or sectionDocument2.xhtml according to the value of object.data['key']. The correct xhtml gets included, but the <h:form> does not work correctly. I read that it is not good idea to use <c:if> tag when working with JSF 2.0. What I found was that it should be used rendered attribute instead. However,  sectionDocument1.xhtml and sectionDocument2.xhtml have a common template. When I tried to use the rendered attribute, I had problems because the template xhtml got included twice, so I had duplication on the components ids.

Does anyone know what to use instead of the <c:if> to add components conditionally?

Thanks in advance!