1 Reply Latest reply on Jul 22, 2011 2:36 PM by rafachies

BadRequestException using the REST interface

rafachies

I am trying to test the REST interface for HornetQ, but I am got a BadRequestException.

This is my test:

I'am using JBoss EAP 5.1.0, with hornetq 2.2.5, and using the profile default-with-hornetq that was generated.

I've defined a simple queue /queue/ChiesQueue. I've tested it without rest interface and all is working fine.

I am using the follow libs, taken from the hornetq lib/rest folder, with scannotation as an exception. Also, I've already tried using the libs inside my WAR and in the lib folder of my profile.

hornetq-rest-2.2.5.Final.jar

jaxb-impl.jar

jaxrs-api.jar

scannotation.jar

resteasy-jaxrs.jar

So, I am trying this access:

HEAD http://localhost:8080/hornetq-resteasy/queues/jms.queue.ChiesQueue

and getting this exception:

Failed executing HEAD /queues/jms.queue.ChiesQueue

org.jboss.resteasy.spi.InternalServerErrorException: Failed processing arguments of public org.hornetq.rest.queue.QueueDestinationsResource(org.hornetq.rest.queue.QueueServiceManager)

Caused by: org.jboss.resteasy.spi.BadRequestException: Could not find message body reader for type: class org.hornetq.rest.queue.QueueServiceManager of content type: text/plain;charset="utf-8"

at org.jboss.resteasy.core.MessageBodyParameterInjector$ReaderUtilityImpl.createReaderNotFound(MessageBodyParameterInjector.java:75)

at org.jboss.resteasy.core.messagebody.ReaderUtility.doRead(ReaderUtility.java:106)

at org.jboss.resteasy.core.messagebody.ReaderUtility.doRead(ReaderUtility.java:93)

Many thanks in advice.

• 1. Re: BadRequestException using the REST interface
          rafachies

Just for information. I've taken off the follow listener from web.xml.

<listener>

<listener-class>org.hornetq.rest.integration.RestMessagingBootstrapListener</listener-class>

</listener>

It can be the cause of my problem.But, if I put this listener on web.xml, i get this exception when starting JBoss:

Caused by: org.jboss.resteasy.spi.LoggableFailure: You cannot have 2 locators for same path: {queue-name}

at org.jboss.resteasy.core.registry.RootSegment.addPath(RootSegment.java:67)

at org.jboss.resteasy.core.registry.RootSegment.addPath(RootSegment.java:97)

Maybe because of these two definitions on resource QueueDesinationResource:

@DELETE

@Path("/{queue-name}")

deleteQueue(@PathParam("queue-name") String name)

@Path("/{queue-name}")

findQueue(@PathParam("queue-name") String name)