2 Replies Latest reply on Jul 26, 2011 12:01 PM by mannuyi

About data store

mannuyi

A few dates ago, I installed jboss esb server, and meanwhile I changed database from Hypersonic to MySQL.

At that time, I just think that I must persist my data into database rather than kind of memory.

It runs ok now, I was very happy that I can deploy jPDL to MySQL, and some other data can also be stored in MySQL.

But when I tried to run [samples\quickstarts\jms_transacted], I found that you can also define your own datasource to persist messages.

Then why we need to transform database from Hypersonic to MySQL except jbpm.esb?

Can anyone who tell me the function of following configurations under [jbossesb-server-4.7\server\default\deploy]

\jbossesb.esb

\jbossesb.sar

\jbossesb-registry.sar

\jboss-messaging.sar

\hsqldb-ds.xml

I'm not clear that esb server help us to automatically persist what kind of data?

And then, as a developer we also need to persist what kind of data?

Thanks,

Simon

• 1. Re: About data store
          tcunning

I'm not sure I understand the questions here, but the ESB itself uses queues (DLQ, etc) and the EPR data stored jUDDI also needs a datasource.

The administration guide has details on most of the the components you are asking about, give it a look.

• 2. Re: About data store
            mannuyi

1.4. Database Configuration

The ESB uses a database for persisting Registry services, and the Message-Store.

->

what kind of situation ESB would persist messages into database automatically?

eh....

Actually, when ESB server would insert messages into table of message?