1 Reply Latest reply on Jul 31, 2011 7:49 PM by andrewdambrosio

Datatable not updating when clicking on commandlink

andrewdambrosio

I have a datatable with a column that contains an up arrow and another column that has a down arrow. These allow you to move the row up and down. However, when I click on them, the moveUp method in the bean is triggered and the order is updated, but I don't see this in my browser. When I trigger it again, I can tell (with printlns) that the order is reset to what was originally retrieved from the database.

Below is an extract of my JSP and bean. Please help

<h:panelGrid id="pgPage" columns="1" width="100%">

<rich:dataTable binding="#{MyBean.staffTable}" value="#{MyBean.staffList}" var="staff"

rowClasses="row1, row2" id="staffTable" rows="20"

columnClasses="50,100,100,100"

onRowMouseOver="this.style.backgroundColor='#B5F3FB'"

onRowMouseOut="this.style.backgroundColor='#{a4jSkin.rowBackgroundColor}'"

style="width:770px;align:center;">

<f:facet name="header">

<rich:columnGroup>

<rich:column width="27%">

<h:outputText value="Name" />

</rich:column>

<rich:column width="10">

<h:outputText value="Up" />

</f:facet>

<rich:column>

<h:outputText value="#{staff.staffname}" />

<rich:column>

<a4j:commandLink reRender="pgPage" actionListener="#{MyBean.moveUp}">

<h:graphicImage url="/images/move_up.png" style="border:0;width:15px;height:15px;"/>

</a4j:commandLink>

</rich:dataTable>

</h:panelGrid>

public class MyBean extends AbstractPageBean {

private org.richfaces.component.html.HtmlDataTable staffTable = new org.richfaces.component.html.HtmlDataTable();

public org.richfaces.component.html.HtmlDataTable getStaffTable() {

return staffTable;

}

public void setStaffTable(org.richfaces.component.html.HtmlDataTable hot) {

this.staffTable = hot;

}

public void moveUp(ActionEvent e) throws Exception {

try {

int selectedIndex = staffTable.getRowIndex();

WWWWebsiteStaff selectedStaff = (WWWWebsiteStaff) staffTable.getRowData();

if (selectedIndex == 0) {

//do nothing

} else {

staffList.remove(selectedIndex);

staffList.add(selectedIndex - 1, selectedStaff);

}

} catch (Exception ex) {

ex.printStackTrace();

}

staffList = getStaffList();

}

}