4 Replies Latest reply on Aug 5, 2011 1:04 PM by garys

How to use a POJO as Gateway condition

garys

I have a POJO as a process variable, "vars". In a diverging Gateway I want to use one of its fields as a condition. This is what I've tried and it seems to work but it's too much Java in a BPMN file. Is this the right way to do it?

<sequenceFlow id="_12-_13" sourceRef="_12" targetRef="_13" name="valid score" tns:priority="1" >

<conditionExpression xsi:type="tFormalExpression" >

org.drools.runtime.process.WorkflowProcessInstance process = (org.drools.runtime.process.WorkflowProcessInstance)kcontext.getProcessInstance();

x.xx.xxx.workflow.dto.PIvars vars = process.getVariable("vars");

return vars.isValidScore() == true;</conditionExpression>

</sequenceFlow>

• 1. Re: How to use a POJO as Gateway condition
          calca

I think you can use directly

return vars.isValidScore() == true;

something like:

<sequenceFlow id="_5-_6" sourceRef="_5" targetRef="_6" name="EXCEEDS" >

<conditionExpression xs:type="tFormalExpression" language="http://www.java.com/java" >return (exceeds == true);</conditionExpression>

</sequenceFlow>

Demian

• 2. Re: How to use a POJO as Gateway condition
            garys

The example projects only show drools, xPath, and cron as language attribute in conditionExpressions. I tried the above and it didn't work. IIRC it failed in KnowledgeBuilder.

Then I tried

<conditionExpression xsi:type="tFormalExpression" language="http://www.jboss.org/drools/rule">PIvars(applicationReady == true);</conditionExpression>

The Gateway ignored it.

This ugly one does work but if there is a clean way that works I'd like to know.

<conditionExpression xsi:type="tFormalExpression">

org.drools.runtime.process.WorkflowProcessInstance process = (org.drools.runtime.process.WorkflowProcessInstance)kcontext.getProcessInstance();

edu.berkeley.ouae.workflow.dto.FreshmanReadPIvars vars = process.getVariable("vars");

return vars.isApplicationReady() == false;</conditionExpression>

• 3. Re: How to use a POJO as Gateway condition
              swiderski.maciej

In my opinion that should work

<conditionExpression xsi:type="tFormalExpression">return (vars.isApplicationReady() == false);</conditionExpression>

just make sure that you defined that (vars) variable as property in the process.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
              • 4. Re: How to use a POJO as Gateway condition
                garys
                Thanks Maciej,

That works when I add a cast

<conditionExpression xsi:type="tFormalExpression">return(((PIvars)vars).isApplicationReady() == true);</conditionExpression>