2 Replies Latest reply on Aug 4, 2011 10:46 AM by chengwen

JBOSS6: Illegal character in path

chengwen

Hello, all.

When I start my JBoss, I got the boot.log like this:

17:05:51,407 ERROR JBOSS6: Illegal character in path Error installing to Start: name=jboss.web.deployment:war=/invoker state=Create mode=Manual requiredState=Installed: java.net.URISyntaxException: Illegal character in path at index 16: file:/C:/Program Files/TestServer/server/default/deploy/http-invoker.sar/invoker.war/

at java.net.URI$Parser.fail(Unknown Source)

at java.net.URI$Parser.checkChars(Unknown Source)

at java.net.URI$Parser.parseHierarchical(Unknown Source)

at java.net.URI$Parser.parse(Unknown Source)

at java.net.URI.(Unknown Source)

at java.net.URL.toURI(Unknown Source)

at org.jboss.vfs.VFS.getChild(VFS.java:174)

at org.jboss.web.tomcat.service.deployers.TomcatDeployment.performDeployInternal(TomcatDeployment.java:223)

at org.jboss.web.tomcat.service.deployers.TomcatDeployment.performDeploy(TomcatDeployment.java:146)

at org.jboss.web.deployers.AbstractWarDeployment.start(AbstractWarDeployment.java:477)

at org.jboss.web.deployers.WebModule.startModule(WebModule.java:118)

at org.jboss.web.deployers.WebModule.start(WebModule.java:95)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)

at org.jboss.mx.interceptor.ReflectedDispatcher.invoke(ReflectedDispatcher.java:157)

at org.jboss.mx.server.Invocation.dispatch(Invocation.java:96)

at org.jboss.mx.server.Invocation.invoke(Invocation.java:88)

at org.jboss.mx.server.AbstractMBeanInvoker.invoke(AbstractMBeanInvoker.java:271)

at org.jboss.mx.server.MBeanServerImpl.invoke(MBeanServerImpl.java:670)

I noticed that "Illegal character in path at index 16: file:/C:/Program Files/TestServer/server/default/deploy/http-invoker.sar/invoker.war/", there is a space in jboss home.

If I changed the jboss home to a path like "C:/TestServer/", then everything is ok.

So, I think is the "space" in the jboss home that cause the exception.

But my problem is, the jboss project  is a software product, we have customers. In the old version, we use Jboss 4.0.4, we install it in "C:/program files/" defaultly, and without exceptions.

If we update the product to jboss 6.0.0. final, we need to consider the old versions which already used by our customers  To update those old versions, it is not very easy to change the directory of the product, which means that we have to keep the old "program files" jboss home with the "space".

Any idea to solve the "Illegal character in path" exception except "changing directory" ?