5 Replies Latest reply on Aug 25, 2011 3:45 PM by Robert Baty

WS-Security Username classloader issue with JBossAS7?

Robert Baty Newbie

Hello,

I seem to be having an class loader issue configuring a WS-Security Username client using JBossWS-CXF on JBossAS7.  I have added the

Dependencies: org.apache.ws.security, org.jboss.ws.cxf.jbossws-cxf-client services export

Into my MANIFEST.MF to get access to the CXF and Apache WSS4J client libraries from the server so I have gotten past that.  What I believe is happening now is in my client code:

// Create the client WS-Security configuration using Apache CXF APIs.
      Client client = ClientProxy.getClient(endpoint);
      Endpoint cxfEndpoint = client.getEndpoint();
      Map<String,Object> outProps = new HashMap<String, Object>();
      outProps.put(WSHandlerConstants.ACTION, WSHandlerConstants.USERNAME_TOKEN);
      outProps.put(WSHandlerConstants.USER, "bob");
      outProps.put(WSHandlerConstants.PASSWORD_TYPE, WSConstants.PW_TEXT);
      outProps.put(WSHandlerConstants.PW_CALLBACK_CLASS, "rjb.ws4.security.client.ClientCallbackHandler");
      WSS4JOutInterceptor wssOut = new WSS4JOutInterceptor(outProps); 
      cxfEndpoint.getOutInterceptors().add(wssOut);
      cxfEndpoint.getOutInterceptors().add(new SAAJOutInterceptor());

Runs I get a ClassNotFoundException

15:00:42,667 WARN  [org.apache.ws.security.util.Loader] (http--0.0.0.0-8080-1) rjb.ws4.security.client.ClientCallbackHandler from [Module "org.apache.cxf:main" from local module loader @4aeb52 (roots: C:\jboss-7.0.0.GA\modules)]: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: rjb.ws4.security.client.ClientCallbackHandler from [Module "org.apache.cxf:main" from local module loader @4aeb52 (roots: C:\jboss-7.0.0.GA\modules)]

I believe this is due to the new classloader in JBossAS7.  With the Dependencies I have added in the MANIFEST.MF my project has access to the server modules but in this circumstance wouldn't the callback work the other way around in that CXF or Apache WSS4J be trying to construct the callback class to get the Username password?

Robert