1 Reply Latest reply on Sep 8, 2009 6:36 AM by nbelaevski

CDK creating Custom select

zipito

Good day.

I need to implement some kind of select component. But when user clicks on select button there should not be a simple list but the panel with tree or dataTable or dataGrid and simple filter fields.

How to make such thing. Is there a base triggerable component in Richfaces CDK. or I have to make a whole bunch.

Any adwise would be great. 'cause I'm total newbie in development of JSF UI Components.

• 1. Re: CDK creating Custom select
          nbelaevski

Hi,

No, there's no base triggerable component, you'll have to make the whole bunch. Here we have developer guide for CDK: http://docs.jboss.org/richfaces/latest_3_3_X/en/cdkguide/html_single/, you can start with it. For client-side code you can employ some kind of jQuery plugin or implement the whole JavaScript/CSS stuff from scratch. CDK doesn't help to create composite components (e.g. component that includes rich:tree or rich:dataTable as an integral part), however you can use external rich:tree or rich:dataTable defined as child of your component.

Another option is creation of Facelets tag that will implement the required functionality by composing several existing components together into a single easy-to-use tag.