3 Replies Latest reply on Aug 29, 2011 10:42 AM by rhauch

Issue with SVN connector and 2.6.0 Beta 2

sjahan

Hi everyone,

Sorry to come with bad news as usual, but i'm encountering a new problem. My last post was about federation connector used to federate a JPA source and a SVN source.

I have upgraded Modeshape from 2.5.0 to 2.6.0 B2, yesterday, then wasn't able to work on it, but when i could, i found out that there were libs issue due to our use of Lucene.

I checked your poms to find out the proper versions to use, avoiding the conflicts. It solved the trouble this morning, but now it gets stuck just a few step after: the SVN connector doesn't work.

On the JcrRepository.getRepository() method, i get the following error: javax.jcr.RepositoryException: Error starting the "Portal" repository (check the configuration): org/tmatesoft/svn/core/internal/io/dav/DAVRepositoryFactory.

This time, i can't think that it is a conflict between Modeshape's jars and ours, i have really never seen that classes.

Could it be some error due to Maven's importing last version or something of that kind?

In the meantime, i'll disconnect the SVN connector to be able to keep using modeshape and i hope we'll find a solution!

Thank you very much for your support,

SJ.

• 1. Re: Issue with SVN connector and 2.6.0 Beta 2
          rhauch

The DAVRepositoryFactory is an internal class used by the SVNKit software, and we have not updated the library (or the SVN connector) in quite some time. Was there an embedded exception or simply more of the message? As far as I know, SVNKit doesn't depend on any other libraries - might it be included in any of the other JARs you're using?

• 2. Re: Issue with SVN connector and 2.6.0 Beta 2
            sjahan

Hi Randall,

Sorry for the delay, i just came back from holydays!

This error was likely a pre-holydays mistake: i don't remember where i found the modeshape's jars, but when i checked this morning, there was nothing but modeshape code into them.

I compared with my modeshape 2.5.0 jars and found out the jars I used in 2.6.0 B2 weren't "all-dependencies". Stupid mistake, so i redownloaded it and everything is fine now, sorry to have bothered you once again!

Have a good day,

SJ.

• 3. Re: Issue with SVN connector and 2.6.0 Beta 2
              rhauch

Don't worry about bothering us, because you didn't. We're here to help and answer questions! I'm just glad it was as easy as the solution.

Best regards,

Randall