5 Replies Latest reply on Sep 26, 2011 4:21 AM by roxy1987

taskform button action

desunil

Hi all, I have a task node followed by a desicion node, in task node i have taskform where in i have 4 buttons, once the form is submitted , instance comes to desicion node, in decision node how i can get to know which button the user pressed in task activity... please help

• 1. Re: taskform button action
          whabelitz

Hi Sunil,

I would provide a radio button group "follow up action", where only one entry can be selected. On task exit map the value behind this group to a variable of the process and then check the process variable inside the decision node.

Regards

• 2. Re: taskform button action
            desunil

thanks for replying, is there no way of catching button action...   in our app we should not use radio button

• 3. Re: taskform button action
              tsurdilovic

Your taskform can contain html as well as javascript, so sure you could for example have each one of your buttons have an onSubmit which calls different javascript functions that for example set a hidden variable value then return true so the form is submitted. The hidden variable would be mapped to data output of your task, and then as whabelitz mentioned you would need to map that out to a process variable for later use.

• 4. Re: taskform button action
                roxy1987

Hi Sunil,

You can have same "name" for each button and obviously the value of each button is different. So in your servlet you can get the value of the parameter "name" and match it with the given values.

regards.

• 5. Re: taskform button action
                  roxy1987

And as far as the transition selection is concerned, the decision node expression variable can be set to the transition name(transition name is available once the value of the button pressed is known).