And FYI, Reapplying the patch from the JBAS-8791 patch on to 6.1.0, fixes the problem.
Something must have been busted after the code change in the patch.
Let me know if I should open a bug on this or not.
Timing is everything I guess. The referenced JIRA was RESOLVED a month ago. It would've been useful to know of the issue before we tagged/released. You can file a JBAS JIRA or CLONE JBAS-8791 but sounds like you're all set after reapplying the patch.
We just started our port from jboss 4.2.3 to 6.0.0 last week. All of my time has been consumed getting 6.0.0 up and running.
I just got 6.0.0 totally working yesterday, and then started the migration to 6.1.0 yesterday after the release.
I have not had any time to play around with the 6.1 nightly/snapshot builds.
I'm not totally comfortable applying a month old patch of 6.0 to 6.1 in the long term, unless you guys can confirm that it shouldn't be an issue.