4 Replies Latest reply on Aug 24, 2011 1:39 AM by Oliver Vesper

Failure: @Resource injection into JSF-managed-bean

Oliver Vesper Newbie

Hi,

I am trying to inject a ConnectionFactory via @Resource annotation into my JSF managed bean like the following:

@ManagedBean(name="foo")

@ViewScoped

public class Foo implements Serializable {

@Resource(name="java:/ConnectionFactory")

private ConnectionFactory connectionFactory; 

}

Accessing an xhtml-page which is backed by above bean results in the following exception:

Caused by: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: No @Resource annotation found on injection point [field] @Resource private test.Foo.connectionFactory
      at org.jboss.weld.injection.spi.helpers.AbstractResourceServices.resolveResource(AbstractResourceServices.java:38)

I debugged into this and actually do not understand what is going wrong as everything seems to look good (the attached screenshot from the eclipse-debugger should point out the issue). Inspecting the debug-variables I can see that my annotation is actually present BUT HashMap's getEntry-method does not find the one and only entry.

Anybody got a clue what is going wrong here? The issue occurs with JBoss AS 6.0 and 6.1.

One interesting point is the different "id" for the two class-objects (926 vs. 23818). Could this be the reason for the issue? Am I having a class-loading-problem or something releated?

-Oliver