2 Replies Latest reply on Sep 19, 2011 4:43 AM by ahrman

JBoss 6 JNDI Configuration

ahrman

Hi folks,

I've got a question concerning the JBoss 6 JNDI management.

Comparing the JNDIView in the jmx console of the two configurations standard and default shows that the JNDI entries are treated different. Especially when you declare some local beans (by annotating the classes with the no interface view @LocalBean (javax.ejb.LocalBean) )

My question is: How and where is this configured? I'd guess that there are different beans declared in some XML configuration files.

Any replies would be appreciated!

Have a nice weekend =)

• 1. Re: JBoss 6 JNDI Configuration
          jaikiran

What kind of differences do you notice in the jndi names? From what I remember, the "standard" profile using the spec mandated JNDI naming scheme for EJBs whereas the "default" uses JBoss specific JNDI names for the EJBs.

• 2. Re: JBoss 6 JNDI Configuration
            ahrman

Hi jaikiran,

thanks for your reply.

Let's use an example:

@Stateless(mappedName = "test/jndiTestClass")

@LocalBean

public class TestClass {

}

In the standard configuration this class will be bound under jar-Filename.jar/TestClass!no-interface  --> this is the jndi naming spec like you said. The mappedName attribute of the @Stateless annotation will be ignored.

As far as I remember in the default configuration this class will be bound under test/jndiTestClass, so the mappedName attribute will be used. It seems to me that this is configured somewhere. Or is this implemented in the sources in each configuration differently?

regards

ahrman