1 Reply Latest reply on Sep 22, 2011 12:02 PM by olivie.roger

HornetQJMSConnectionFactory declaration

olivie.roger

Hello HornetQ!

I am trying to use HornetQ as JMS provider in JBoss 5.1 EAP.

I successfully create a new server following the user guide instruction.

Adding the queues was really fast but now I am blocked with this error :

IllegalStateException: Cannot convert value of type [org.hornetq.jms.client.HornetQXAConnectionFactory] to required type [javax.jms.ConnectionFactory] for property 'connectionFactory': no matching editors or conversion strategy found

Which is thown by Spring.

I retrieve the connection factory using JNDI. I attempted to change the JndiName without success. I always end up with a org.hornetq.jms.client.HornetQXAConnectionFactory isntance, even when using java:ConnectionFactory or /ConnectionFactory.

From what I read in this post http://community.jboss.org/message/620964 I would like to use a HornetQJMSConnectionFactory instead.

Is that a good idea ? I did not changed the hornetq-jms.xml file yet since I do not know how to declare that implementation of the connection factory.

Documentation did not help.

Any idea ?

Thank you in advance,

Olivier

Edit: From what I see in the sources HornetQXAConnectionFactory implements javax.jms.ConnectionFactory...

public class HornetQXAConnectionFactory extends HornetQConnectionFactory implements XAConnectionFactory, XATopicConnectionFactory, XAQueueConnectionFactory, ConnectionFactory, TopicConnectionFactory, QueueConnectionFactory

Am I missing something elsewhere ?