3 Replies Latest reply on Sep 30, 2011 8:07 AM by caio.zanchetti

Personalized messages for each file (rich:fileUpload)

caio.zanchetti

Hello,

Is there a way that I can set the message that appears after the upload of a file in the component rich: fileUpoad?

I wish I could set personalized messages for each file after his processing (eg file size exceeded, invalid dimensions, etc.).

Thank you so much!

• 1. Re: Personalized messages for each file (rich:fileUpload)
          caio.zanchetti

Hello,

Please anyone?

I do not know if I did express myself the best way, but in summary form, rather than simply display "Done" I wish I could warn the user with a message that the file is not OK and he will need to upload another. Unfortunately I have not found how do that in the documentation.

Thank you so much!

• 2. Re: Personalized messages for each file (rich:fileUpload)
            hantsy

For my experience, I like the s:fileupload which is provided by seam2. rich:fileupload UI is difficult to be customized.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
            • 3. Re: Personalized messages for each file (rich:fileUpload)
              caio.zanchetti

Hello Friends,

Hantsy, thank you for your reply.

I could not solve this issue, but I'm posting here a possible solution, so that others can evaluate and enjoy it:

To circumvent the inability to change the status of the messages of the files to something other than "Done", I created a new list (h: panel) in the side, that has a "history" of sent files. With each new upload I renders this panel, and the own component h: FileUpload, because this way it automatically removes the files already uploaded.

The following screenshot attached.

Hope this helps.

Capturar.PNG