10 Replies Latest reply on Sep 29, 2009 4:30 AM by j j

File upload

j j Newbie

Hi,
      I want to make a user registration, in which the user can upload a profile image. I tried rich:fileUpload, but I am looking for a simple file upload, not for a upload manager. So I tried <t:inputFileUpload from the tomahawk library. But I want to validate the file, with a custom validator. It works with the validator attribute-tag, or with <f:validator without problems, unless I use <h:commandButton. As soon as I use <a:commandButton the validator isn't ivoked. But this is what I have to use.

Can you help with that problem? Or do you now something else, that matches my requirements?

Thanks
      arkief

• 1. Re: File upload
          Nick Belaevski Master

Hi arkief,

File upload cannot be done by AJAX, so a4j:commandButton won't work.

• 2. Re: File upload
            j j Newbie

What a pitty. So can it be done in a new window, or in an iFrame, and then just reRender the 'main'-form to display the results?

• 3. Re: File upload
              Ilya Shaikovsky Master

Our fileUpload works in this way. Some guys created such workaround for thirdparty components some times ago and shared at this forum. Try to search for it there.

• 4. Re: File upload
                j j Newbie

I found this article: http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&t=105534&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=10.

But the problem is, that I cannot find 'com.sun.faces.renderkit.html_basic.ButtonRenderer'. Do you know if there is a new class which does this work?

• 5. Re: File upload
                  Nick Belaevski Master

'com.sun.faces.renderkit.html_basic.ButtonRenderer' is available in JSF RI, are you using MyFaces?

• 6. Re: File upload
                    j j Newbie

Yes I'm using MyFaces. Does it not work with MyFaces?

• 7. Re: File upload
                      Ilya Shaikovsky Master

So just check for corresponding myFaces class.. it should be something like org.apache.renderkit...

• 8. Re: File upload
                        j j Newbie

It was the class 'org.apache.myfaces.renderkit.html.HtmlButtonRenderer'.
                        Now I just got it almost working. It compiles without errors, but when I open the site, I get the following error: "/pages/upload.jsp(6,70) PWC6188: The absolute uri: http://myfaces.apache.org/tomahawk/custom cannot be resolved in either web.xml or the jar files deployed with this application".

• 9. Re: File upload
                          Ilya Shaikovsky Master

you sure you defined your taglib like:

<context-param>
                          <param-name>facelets.LIBRARIES</param-name>
                          <param-value>
                          /META-INF/taglib/facelets-taglib-custom.xml
                          </param-value>
                          </context-param>

and carefully read this

Ok, seems some "glue" is screwed in the middle.

1) Your TLD file must use a namespace you havent used with another taglib, and it must declare the Tag class used. In my case <tag-class>org.apache.myfaces.custom.fileupload.HtmlAjaxFileUploadTag</tag-class>

2) Your faces-config must declare the component

<component-type>org.apache.myfaces.HtmlAjaxFileUpload</component-type>
                          <component-class>org.apache.myfaces.custom.fileupload.HtmlAjaxFileUpload</component-class>

The type can by anything BUT it MUST match HtmlAjaxFileUpload.COMPONENT_TYPE.

The class is the component class containing saveState and restoreState

3) Your faces-config must contain the way to render the component

<component-family>javax.faces.Input</component-family>
                          <renderer-type>org.apache.myfaces.AjaxFileUpload</renderer-type>
                          <renderer-class>org.apache.myfaces.custom.fileupload.HtmlAjaxFileUploadRenderer</renderer-class>

renderer-type can be anything BUT it MUST macth HtmlAjaxFileUpload.DEFAULT_RENDERER_TYPE

renderer-class must contain the class you're useing to render the component, that is the one containing the encodes/decode

4) All the glue is made thanks to the getComponentType() and getRendererType() in the tag class.

If you have this kind of "chain", you can make it to work.

• 10. Re: File upload
                            j j Newbie

Thanks for the replay. Now it displays the page, but not the new control. The maven control displays the following errors:

1436780 [22629000@qtp-9206757-0] WARN org.apache.myfaces.renderkit.html.HtmlRenderKitImpl - Unsupported component-family/renderer-type: javax.faces.Input/org.apache.myfaces.AjaxFileUpload
                            2009-09-29 10:23:44.979:/kaleeo:INFO: No Renderer found for component {Component-Path : [Class: org.ajax4jsf.component.AjaxViewRoot,ViewId: /pages/register.xhtml][Class: org.ajax4jsf.component.html.AjaxForm,Id: registerForm][Class: org.richfaces.component.html.HtmlGraphValidator,Id: j_id6][Class: javax.faces.component.html.HtmlPanelGrid,Id: j_id7][Class: com.kaleeo.custom.fileupload.HtmlAjaxFileUpload,Id: fileUp]} (component-family=javax.faces.Input, renderer-type=org.apache.myfaces.AjaxFileUpload)
                            1436780 [22629000@qtp-9206757-0] WARN javax.faces.component.UIComponentBase - No Renderer found for component {Component-Path : [Class: org.ajax4jsf.component.AjaxViewRoot,ViewId: /pages/register.xhtml][Class: org.ajax4jsf.component.html.AjaxForm,Id: registerForm][Class: org.richfaces.component.html.HtmlGraphValidator,Id: j_id6][Class: javax.faces.component.html.HtmlPanelGrid,Id: j_id7][Class: com.kaleeo.custom.fileupload.HtmlAjaxFileUpload,Id: fileUp]} (component-family=javax.faces.Input, renderer-type=org.apache.myfaces.AjaxFileUpload)
                            1436780 [22629000@qtp-9206757-0] WARN org.apache.myfaces.renderkit.html.HtmlRenderKitImpl - Unsupported component-family/renderer-type: javax.faces.Input/org.apache.myfaces.AjaxFileUpload

My faces-config.xml
                            <component>
                             <component-class>com.kaleeo.custom.fileupload.HtmlAjaxFileUpload</component-class>
                             <component-extension>
                             <component-family>javax.faces.Input</component-family>
                             <renderer-class>com.kaleeo.custom.fileupload.HtmlAjaxFileUploadRenderer</renderer-class>
                             </component-extension>
                            </component>

My web.xml
                            <context-param>
                             <param-name>facelets.LIBRARIES</param-name>
                             <param-value>/WEB-INF/facelets/custom.taglib.xml</param-value>
                            </context-param>

<context-param>
                             <param-name>org.apache.myfaces.custom.uploadMaxFileSize</param-name>
                             <param-value>1048576</param-value>
                            </context-param>

<context-param>
                             <param-name>org.apache.myfaces.custom.uploadDirectory</param-name>
                             <param-value>/upload</param-value>
                            </context-param>

<servlet>
                             <servlet-name>UploadServlet</servlet-name>
                             <servlet-class>com.kaleeo.custom.fileupload.AjaxFileUploadServlet</servlet-class>
                             <load-on-startup>1</load-on-startup>
                            </servlet>

<servlet-mapping>
                             <servlet-name>UploadServlet</servlet-name>
                             <url-pattern>/uploadHtml</url-pattern>
                            </servlet-mapping>

My HtmlAjaxFileUpload.java:

public class HtmlAjaxFileUpload extends HtmlInputFileUpload
                            {
                             public static final String COMPONENT_TYPE = "org.apache.myfaces.HtmlAjaxFileUpload";
                             public static final String DEFAULT_RENDERER_TYPE = "org.apache.myfaces.AjaxFileUpload";

My /WEB-INF/facelets.custom.taglib.xml:

<?xml version="1.0"?>
                            <!DOCTYPE facelet-taglib PUBLIC
                             "-//Sun Microsystems, Inc.//DTD Facelet Taglib 1.0//EN"
                             "http://java.sun.com/dtd/facelet-taglib_1_0.dtd">

<facelet-taglib xmlns="http://java.sun.com/JSF/Facelet">
                             <namespace>http://myfaces.apache.org/tomahawk/custom</namespace>
                             <tag>
                             <tag-name>ajaxFileUpload</tag-name>
                             <component>
                             </component>
                             </tag>

</facelet-taglib>

And /WEB-INF/tld/customtags.xml
                            <name>ajaxFileUpload</name>
                             <tag-class>com.kaleeo.custom.fileupload.HtmlAjaxFileUploadTag</tag-class>

I am really sorry for bothering you so much. I never wrote custom components, though I am trying to dig my head in the code.
                            Thanks!!