2 Replies Latest reply on Oct 12, 2011 8:00 AM by sensationalist

Multiple forms on one page.

sensationalist

Hi, I have very strange issue. I have very complicated page, so I can't post it all, but I can describe it.

So I have 3 <h:form></h:form> there. First form contains large table with something like schedule. Second form contains information for sending by Email. And third form used to fill some data to table. So I press button in table and it shows third form, it is very simple:

<rich:popupPanel id="homework-panel" autosized="true" modal="true"

moveable="false" resizeable="false">

<f:facet name="header">

<h:graphicImage value="/resources/images/icons/book_open.png" styleClass="icon" />

<h:outputText value="#{msg.homework_header}"/>

<a4j:commandLink onclick="#{rich:component('pupilPanel')}.hide(); return false;" style="float: right;" >

<h:graphicImage value="/resources/images/icons/bullet_arrow_down.png" />

</a4j:commandLink>

</f:facet>

<h:form id="homework-form">

<h:inputTextarea value="#{markBean.currentHomework.text}"

id="homework-text" styleClass="homework-text" />

<a4j:commandButton value="#{msg.save}" action="#{markBean.saveHomework}"

render="marks-grid" execute="@form" id="save-homework-link"

oncomplete="#{rich:component('homework-panel')}.hide();" />

<a4j:commandButton value="#{msg.cancel}" id="cancel-homework-link"

onclick="#{rich:component('homework-panel')}.hide(); return false;" />

</h:form>

</rich:popupPanel>

But it doesn't work! At all... Save button does nothing. I see no error message and back bean markBean.saveHomework method isn't called. At the same time table in first form and form for sending work fine. I tried to change places of form, but it didn't help.

Page structure is something like:

<h:form id="form">

<rich:panel styleClass="large-window">

<rich:dataTable>

</rich:dataTable>

</rich:panel>

<h:form>

<rich:popupPanel id="send-panel" autosized="true" modal="true"

<h:form id="send-form">

<rich:popupPanel id="homework-panel" autosized="true" modal="true"

<h:form id="homework-form">

• 1. Re: Multiple forms on one page.
          healeyb

Hi, one thing to try is to specify the ajax targets (i.e. render= & execute=) in the form

:formid:componentid rather than formid:componentid. This will search from the view root. This

is described in the javadoc for the UIViewRoot#findComponent() method. Although probably

not a problem I've never tried using the '-' character in an id.

With your complex page structure it may be worthwhile re-creating the overall structure,

without the distraction of all the content, in a simple test project or page.

• 2. Re: Multiple forms on one page.
            sensationalist

Thanks for answer. It's funny but I've just wrapped all my content in the third form with <a4j:outputPanel> and all works with render="homework-output-panel" and don't work with render="homework-panel"