1 Reply Latest reply on Dec 1, 2011 4:26 PM by Erhard Siegl

    Tuxedo JCA Adapter fails to deploy

    Erhard Siegl Novice

      Hi,

       

      We try to migrate an application from weblogic to JBoss-7. Probably the most critical part is the connection to Tuxedo with help of the Oracle Tuxedo JCA adapter. While we tested this sucessfully with JBoss 4,5 and 6 the connector fails to deploy on JBoss7 with the following Exception:

       

      Caused by: java.lang.UnsupportedOperationException: Naming context is read-only

                at org.jboss.as.naming.NamingContext.createSubcontext(NamingContext.java:318)

                at javax.naming.InitialContext.createSubcontext(InitialContext.java:464) [:1.6.0_24]

                at com.oracle.tuxedo.adapter.tja.TJAService.startTJAService(TJAService.java:271)

                at com.oracle.tuxedo.adapter.TuxedoAdapterSupervisor._registerResourceAdapter(TuxedoAdapterSupervisor.java:426)

                at com.oracle.tuxedo.adapter.TuxedoAdapterSupervisor.registerResourceAdapter(TuxedoAdapterSupervisor.java:303)

                at com.oracle.tuxedo.adapter.TuxedoResourceAdapter.start(TuxedoResourceAdapter.java:78)

                at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method) [:1.6.0_24]

                at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39) [:1.6.0_24]

                at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25) [:1.6.0_24]

                at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597) [:1.6.0_24]

                at org.jboss.jca.deployers.common.AbstractResourceAdapterDeployer.startContext(AbstractResourceAdapterDeployer.java:342)

                ... 8 more

       

      I realise, this was discussed in the contect of Web-Applications and Hibernate

      [here|http://community.jboss.org/thread/172649] and [here|http://community.jboss.org/message/614395].

      and that the problem is adressed in https://issues.jboss.org/browse/AS7-421.

      AS7-421 is scheduled for 7.1.0-Beta1 in about one week. However since this issue was moved from 7.0.0-Beta3 up to 7.1.0-Beta1 and I didn't see any work related to this issue in GIT, I would like to ask wether this is planned to be fixed within the next days.

       

      If not, are there any ideas how to work around this problem?

       

      Is it helpful to create a JIRA for this?

       

      Greetings

      Erhard

        • 1. Re: Tuxedo JCA Adapter fails to deploy
          Erhard Siegl Novice

          Bug AS7-2075 is resolved and I tired to deploy the adapter with the latest SNAPSHOT. To make it work I did the following:

          1. I created a module with 3 libraries from the adapter (not only the 2 interface libraries for the client-code) and put the module as global dependency to the ee-subsystem.
          2. In the META-INF/ra.xml there is a reference to the Tuxedo-domain-configuration file dmconfig.xml. I had change the nameto the full pathname. Usually this is not necessary.
          3. Booting with this setup leads to the Exception: ERROR [stderr] (MSC service thread 1-2) org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: schema_reference.4: Failed to read schema document 'file:/home/..../jboss-as-7.1.0.CR1-SNAPSHOT/standalone/tja.xsd', because 1) could not find the document;

                 This file is located in the adapter root directory. I copied the file to the location mentioned in the Error-message. Then it works.

           

          Appearently there is some problem with the current directory that is used by the adapter. I should point to to root of the adapter, but points to the root of the JBoss instance?

          We also use Ironjacamar without JBoss. The adapter works without the modifications in (1) and (2), so it seems to be a problem in the integation of ironjacamar to JBoss or with my configuation.

           

          A small problem seems to be also in the classloading. Since the client needs 2 libraries, I put the two libraries to a module. But then the adapter doesn't deploy anymore since it is missing a class from the third library. I had to put this jar to the module as well. The reason seems that the classes are loaded parent first and the adapter picks up the lib from the module instead from the RAR. We see similar behavior in our deployment without JBoss 7 and maybe this could be solved by not using a globlal module configuration.

           

          Greetings

          Erhard