2 Replies Latest reply on Oct 27, 2011 8:46 AM by sapan.vas

Subscribing to multiple topics (Including Remote Topics)

sapan.vas

Hi

I am a total newbie to JMS (Jboss 6 and HornetQ also)

I tried hands on some JMS example using JBoss AS 6.0.0Final and HornetQ and also tried on creating a MDB for receiving messages posted to the Topic subscribed.

I want to know the following to get further in the same:

1. If it is possible to subscribe to the remote Topics (Topics that are deployed on a remote Jboss AS)?

2. Can single MDB subscribe and receive messages from multiple Topics?

Any help would be appreciated!!

BR

Sapan

• 1. Re: Subscribing to multiple topics (Including Remote Topics)
          wdfink

1. Yes, need to specify the remote JNDI, depend on the EJB spec you implement

2. No, single MDB provides a onMessage() that listen on one queue/topic

• 2. Re: Subscribing to multiple topics (Including Remote Topics)
            sapan.vas

Hi Wolf-Dieter

Thanks for the response.

Regarding (1) I followed the steps to subsribe to the remote Topic on Jboss

I am able to post messages and consume them using a standalone client with the following properties

props.setProperty("java.naming.factory.initial","org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContextFactory");

props.setProperty("java.naming.factory.url.pkgs","org.jnp.interfaces");

props.put(Context.PROVIDER_URL, "jnp://<reemote_host>1099");

I want the same to be possible through an MDB wherein the details are as under

Annotations on MyMDB

@MessageDriven(name = "MDBExample", activationConfig = {

@ActivationConfigProperty(propertyName = "destinationType", propertyValue = "javax.jms.Topic"),

@ActivationConfigProperty(propertyName = "destination", propertyValue = "topic/testTopic"),

@ActivationConfigProperty(propertyName = "providerAdapterJNDI", propertyValue="java:/RemoteJMSProvider")

})

In File $JBOSS_HOME/server/default/deploy/hornetqjms-ds.xml

<!-- Remote JMS Provider -->

<mbean code="org.jboss.jms.jndi.JMSProviderLoader" hornetq:service=JMSProviderLoader,name=RemoteJMSProvider,server=<rremote_host>">

<attribute name="ProviderName">RemoteJMSProvider</attribute>

<attribute name="ProviderAdapterClass">org.jboss.jms.jndi.JNDIProviderAdapter</attribute>

<attribute name="FactoryRef">java:/XAConnectionFactory</attribute>

<attribute name="QueueFactoryRef">java:/XAConnectionFactory</attribute>

<attribute name="TopicFactoryRef">java:/XAConnectionFactory</attribute>

<attribute name="Properties">

java.naming.factory.initial=org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContextFactory

java.naming.factory.url.pkgs=org.jnp.interfaces

java.naming.provider.url=<remote_host>:1099

</attribute>

</mbean>

after this configuration I post messages to the reremote topic using my standalone client.

But the messages are not delivered to the MDB (on My local Jboss6)

Is there any place else that I need to configure something?

BR

Sapan