0 Replies Latest reply on Oct 28, 2011 11:02 AM by rnappert

Deployment of ear file with JBoss 6 AS

rnappert

Hi,

I noticed the following, when I drop my ear file into the all/deploy directory:

The HDScanner notices the drop and deploys the ear file. I don't see any errors in server.log for the deployment. However after the application is deployed, JBoss undeploys the application after after the next HDScanner period (5 seconds) and deploys it back. I have seen a post, where the AS went in an undefinite cycle of deploy/undepoyments. In my case, it only happens once. I did ply with the scan period. If I set it to 1 minute the undeployment will occur after one minute. Has anyone seen this issue.

As a result of the two deployments, my Perm space gets filled up earlier. I tried the JVM options

-XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC -XX:+CMSClassUnloadingEnabled -XX:+CMSPermGenSweepingEnabled

when I start the AS, but they seem not to have any impacts. I can only delay the OutOfMemeoryError: PermGen space error by increasing the PermSize and MaxPermSize. Any idea, how I can force GC to pick up those unreferenced classes in Perm space?

Thanks,

-Reinhard