3 Replies Latest reply on Sep 26, 2012 2:21 PM by robertoalfa

org.jbpm.task.service.PermissionDeniedException in JBPM 5.1

alain1106

Hello

I can't seem to be able to claim/start a task , getting the following error :

org.jbpm.task.service.PermissionDeniedException: Server-side Exception: User '[User:'john']' does not have permissions to execution operation 'Claim' on task id 3

I am using the demo setup of JBPM 5.1, launching through the jbpm-installer provided with the install package. I am using the user "john" and group "PM" provided in the mvel files that come with the demo setup.

The error occurs when claiming the task , with the following code :

try{

TaskClient client = new TaskClient(new MinaTaskClientConnector("client 1", new MinaTaskClientHandler(SystemEventListenerFactory.getSystemEventListener())));

client.connect("127.0.0.1", 9123);

Thread.sleep(1000);

// getting potential tasks for user "john"

List<String> groupsJohn = new ArrayList<String>();

groupsJohn.add("PM");

//display tasks

BlockingTaskSummaryResponseHandler taskSummaryResponseHandler = new BlockingTaskSummaryResponseHandler();

client.getTasksAssignedAsPotentialOwner(null,groupsJohn, "en-UK", taskSummaryResponseHandler);

List<TaskSummary> myTasks = taskSummaryResponseHandler.getResults();

//...

//Claim task for John & start it

BlockingTaskOperationResponseHandler taskOperationResponseHandler = new BlockingTaskOperationResponseHandler();

client.claim(3, "john", taskOperationResponseHandler  );

taskOperationResponseHandler.waitTillDone(1000);

}catch (Throwable t) {

t.printStackTrace();

}

I have checked the following already :

- Task status for Task id 3  is "Ready", no actor assigned yet.

- Group and actor names are correctly defined in the mvel files.

- The Human Task node in my flow has the Group "PM" defined in its group property, and the actor id is left empty.

- If i assign actor "john" to the human task in the bpmn flow , I can start the task correctly

- I can start the task using Administrator.

- getTasksAssignedAsPotentialOwner("John",groupsJohn, "en-UK", taskSummaryResponseHandler)gives the same error as the line above

So it really has to do with the group , but I can't figure out why ...