2 Replies Latest reply on Nov 9, 2011 1:23 AM by vaedama

Front-end framework for RESTful web services built on top of Quartz scheduler.

vaedama

Hello everyone,

I have built a RESTful web-service on top of quartz scheduler in jboss as 5.1.0. using Groovy and Java. I am investigating options to build GUI for the scheduling system and also the auditing system for the scheduled quartz jobs.

Please suggest me a framework which will respond to the RESTful web service calls and consume the data (XML/JSON) returned from the web-service.

Some of the options which I have been investigating are:

1. GWT SDK

2. GWT UI Designer

3. Grails UI Designer

I don't want to use Adobe Flex (due to its performance). I don't want to write JavaScript/jQuery (due to my difficulty in coding and debugging JavaScript code).

Thanks in advance.

-Sudheer

• 1. Re: Front-end framework for RESTful web services built on top of Quartz scheduler.
          mp911de

Hi Sudheer,

using GWT as UI lib is possible as you can rely on gwt-rest. You should consider when using that technology that you will get soon to a point where you would like to handle calls to RESTful resources by your own (e.g. for optimizations and so on). Because of that you should think about using RESTeasy or Jersey for a REST client.

Best regards,

Mark

• 2. Re: Front-end framework for RESTful web services built on top of Quartz scheduler.
            vaedama

Hi Mark,

Thanks for replying. I am using Jersey implementation of JAX-RS to schedule the Quartz Jobs. I have designed URIs to schedule, unschedule, delete, update, reschedule etc on my quartz Jobs.

I want to know how to build widgets to respond to these URIs. For example, I have a Path

@Path('ScheduleJob/{QUARTZJOBNAME}/{STARTTIME}/{ENDTIME}/{REPEATINTERVAL}/{REPEATCOUNT}')

This will schedule a quartz job with the given path parameter values and produce XML on my client browser.

Now I want to build GUI for scheduling the Job. In my GUI, I want to have widgets where the user can schedule the Job by providing the parameters of the above Path.

I want to know how those parameters will get passed to those Path Values (here, {QUARTZJOBNAME}/{STARTTIME}/{ENDTIME}/{REPEATINTERVAL}/{REPEATCOUNT}) when I send them through the GUI widgets. (For example, a calendar widget where the user will select the start and end time to schedule the Job.)

Thank you once again for replying.

-Sudheer.