4 Replies Latest reply on Aug 10, 2012 4:51 PM by tapasi_paul2004

SSL and HornetQ in AS 6.1

fsl

I'm trying to configure HornetQ on AS 6.1 so it accepts encrypted connections. I coud not find a tutorial on the subject, and only very sparse documentation, but from what I got this should work. But the JavaSE client cannot connect.

The client works if I lookup for a non-SSL connecton factory. If It looks for an SSL-enabled connenction factory, it gets an

javax.jms.JMSException: Failed to create session factory

When calling createConnection:

ConnectionFactory jmsConnectionFactory = (ConnectionFactory)ctx.lookup("SSLXAConnectionFactory");

con = jmsConnectionFactory.createConnection();

I changed hornetq-configuration.xml to add a connector and an acceptor:

<connector name="netty-ssl">

<factory-class>org.hornetq.core.remoting.impl.netty.NettyConnectorFactory</factory-class>

<param key="host" value="${jboss.bind.address:localhost}"/>

<param key="port" value="${hornetq.remoting.netty.ssl.port:5446}"/>

<param key="ssl-enabled" value="true"/>

<param key="key-store-path" value="${jboss.server.home.dir}/conf/jms.keystore"/>

<param key="key-store-password" value="secreta"/>

</connector>

<acceptor name="netty-ssl">

<factory-class>org.hornetq.core.remoting.impl.netty.NettyAcceptorFactory</factory-class>

<param key="host"  value="${jboss.bind.address:localhost}"/>

<param key="port"  value="${hornetq.remoting.netty.port.ssl:5446}"/>

<param key="key-store-path" value="${jboss.server.home.dir}/conf/jms.keystore"/>

<param key="key-store-password" value="secreta"/>

<param key="trust-store-path" value="${jboss.server.home.dir}/conf/cliente.truststore"/>

<param key="trust-store-password" value="secreta"/>

</acceptor>

And changed hornetq-jms.xml to bind to JNDI a conection factory using them:

<connection-factory name="NettySSLConnectionFactory">

<xa>true</xa>

<connectors>

<connector-ref connector-name="netty-ssl"/>

</connectors>

<entries>

<entry name="/SSLConnectionFactory"/>

<entry name="/SSLXAConnectionFactory"/>

</entries>

</connection-factory>

JBoss AS 6.1 starts without an error in server.log

jms.keystore and client.truststore were generated using keytool, the same way it works to configure a remoting ssl invoker for EJB3.

I even download hornetq standalone and looked at the examples, it looks like I did the same as sample "ssl-enabled", but it won't work for me.

Please, any hint on what I did wrong?

[]s, Fernando Lozano

• 1. Re: SSL and HornetQ in AS 6.1
          fsl

Forgot to tell, I also have jms.keystore and client.truststore on the current dir when runing the client.

• 2. Re: SSL and HornetQ in AS 6.1
            gaohoward

HornetQ has a 'ssl-enabled' example, you  can try the example and see if it works.

Howard

• 3. Re: SSL and HornetQ in AS 6.1
              fsl

Hi Howard, as I wrote I got my configs from the 'ssl-enabled' example, but it isn't working inside JBoss AS 6.1. I changed a few names, but as far as I can tell my configs and the hornetq example are exactly the same. But mine doesn't work. :-(

No erros on jboss log, and netstat shows my netty-ssl port is listening for connections. And the error on the client is not ssl-related, just a JMSException.

I also find very confusing having both keystore and truststore on the server. How is the remote client supposed to get the certificates?

• 4. Re: SSL and HornetQ in AS 6.1
                tapasi_paul2004

Hi,

I am also facing similar issue. Have you found the solution. If so can you share it? Also, how are you trying to creating the connection factory when you use netty ssl ?

Any help is appreciated.