2 Replies Latest reply on Nov 16, 2011 4:42 AM by canhhiep

Cannot deploy ear on JBoss 7, ClassNotFoundException throws

canhhiep

Hi,

When I deploy my ear which was deployed successfully in JBoss 5 to JBoss 7. ClassNotFoundException happens.

I have 2 ejb modules, one module contans the interface (ExamInterface module) and the other contain implemention of that interface (ExamImpl module) . Both of them are placed at the root of the EAR file. The exception thrown when ExamImpl module deploying, the interface not found.

Does anyone have the same issue? please let me know how to fix it.

I think this issue happens because of the order of deployment, ExamInterface must be deployed before ExamImpl module. I try to add

<initialize-in-order>true</initialize-in-order> to application.xml but it seems not working.

Thanks

Hiep

• 1. Re: Cannot deploy ear on JBoss 7, ClassNotFoundException throws
          jaikiran

It's probably because your ExamInterface jar isn't being considered as a deployment. Does it have anything other than EJB interfaces? Try moving that jar to the .ear/lib folder.

• 2. Re: Cannot deploy ear on JBoss 7, ClassNotFoundException throws
            canhhiep

Thank you very much, it works .

BTW I have the other issue replated to Hibernate 4 (the old ear is deployed successfully in JBoss 5).

Caused by: java.sql.SQLSyntaxErrorException: ORA-02289: sequence does not exist

at oracle.jdbc.driver.SQLStateMapping.newSQLException(SQLStateMapping.java:91)

at oracle.jdbc.driver.DatabaseError.newSQLException(DatabaseError.java:133)

at oracle.jdbc.driver.DatabaseError.throwSqlException(DatabaseError.java:206)

at oracle.jdbc.driver.T4CTTIoer.processError(T4CTTIoer.java:455)

at oracle.jdbc.driver.T4CTTIoer.processError(T4CTTIoer.java:413)

at oracle.jdbc.driver.T4C8Oall.receive(T4C8Oall.java:1034)

at oracle.jdbc.driver.T4CPreparedStatement.doOall8(T4CPreparedStatement.java:194)

at oracle.jdbc.driver.T4CPreparedStatement.executeForDescribe(T4CPreparedStatement.java:791)

at oracle.jdbc.driver.T4CPreparedStatement.executeMaybeDescribe(T4CPreparedStatement.java:866)

at oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleStatement.doExecuteWithTimeout(OracleStatement.java:1186)

at oracle.jdbc.driver.OraclePreparedStatement.executeInternal(OraclePreparedStatement.java:3387)

at oracle.jdbc.driver.OraclePreparedStatement.executeQuery(OraclePreparedStatement.java:3431)

If you know how to fix it? please let me know, too . I am using Oracle10gDialect and override getNativeIdentifierGeneratorClass() function by using my own SequenceGenerator. It has worked on Hibernate 3.5 but thrown exception when I upgrade to Hibernate 4.0.0.RC6