The location might have changed but your existing maven settings should work (http://community.jboss.org/wiki/MavenGettingStarted-Developers)
I think I found my issue - switching from BETA4 back to SNAPSHOT somehow I'd gotten ".SNAPSHOT" instead of "-SNAPSHOT" in the version ID.
Still, the way the problem manifested (dependency complaints for -commons and -api) led me to the screen below. Any idea why m2e in Eclipse would not reflect those two projects in its repository index (using the "full index" option)? I can't find anything obviously different about the metadata that would make those two behave/display differently:
Thanks, and sorry to bother you with a PEBKAC.
Re: .SNAPSHOT vs -SNAPSHOT -> I can't see what you're refering to.
Re: m2e -> I don't use Eclipse - I'll let other Eclipse experts comment.
I had originally pulled in BETA4 in my project's POM. When I changed to SNAPSHOT, I listed "5.1.0.SNAPSHOT" instead of "5.1.0-SNAPSHOT", forgetting that the naming convention is different for SNAPSHOT. Don't know why I was getting even partial success, but still definitely user [me] error.
Still doesn't explain why some of the projects are missing from the m2e repo index, but whatever. My build is working now, with the exception of the issues mentioned over in ISPN-1531.