1 Reply Latest reply on Nov 21, 2011 9:19 AM by jaikiran

jboss-as build failure on mac with jsf-impl-2.1.3-b02-jbossorg-2.jar; cannot read zip file entry

willreichert

Greetings:

I am trying to build the latest from jboss-as head and am encountering a build error that feels like a problem with Maven but I am hopeful that someone else has encountered and resolved a similar problem as well. The build fails on the Web Subsystem with several "cannot find symbol" messages preceeeded by failing to read the zip.

[ERROR] error: error reading /Users/[user]/.m2/repository/com/sun/faces/jsf-impl/2.1.3-b02-jbossorg-2/jsf-impl-2.1.3-b02-jbossorg-2.jar; cannot read zip file entry

[ERROR] /Users/[user]/dev/jboss-as/web/src/main/java/org/jboss/as/web/deployment/jsf/JsfInjectionProvider.java:[24,24] package com.sun.faces.spi does not exist

[ERROR] /Users/[user]/dev/jboss-as/web/src/main/java/org/jboss/as/web/deployment/jsf/JsfInjectionProvider.java:[25,24] package com.sun.faces.spi does not exist

[ERROR] /Users/[user]/dev/jboss-as/web/src/main/java/org/jboss/as/web/deployment/jsf/JsfInjectionProvider.java:[34,42] cannot find symbol

symbol: class DiscoverableInjectionProvider

public class JsfInjectionProvider extends DiscoverableInjectionProvider {

: java -version

java version "1.6.0_29"

Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.6.0_29-b11-402-11M3527)

Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 20.4-b02-402, mixed mode)

I verified the jar with jar -tf and the content looks correct but nevertheless maven is having difficulty reading it. I also verified that ulimit -f was unlimited (in case the build needs a large number of open file handles).  Thank you to everyone who can help.