5 Replies Latest reply on Dec 2, 2011 4:04 AM by Andrew Dinn

    Running JBOSSTS_4_9_0_GA XTS Demo

    Pavlos Polianidis Newbie

      I am trying to run the xts demo following the instructions by Andrew Dinn http://community.jboss.org/thread/157307. However, i get an error when i run ant install in xts directory.  The error message is:

       

       

       

      C:\Users\Boliev\Desktop\JBOSSTS_4_9_0_GA\XTS>ant install

      Buildfile: C:\Users\Boliev\Desktop\JBOSSTS_4_9_0_GA\XTS\build.xml

       

       

      BUILD FAILED

      C:\Users\Boliev\Desktop\JBOSSTS_4_9_0_GA\XTS\build.xml:95: C:\Users\Boliev\Deskt

      op\JBOSSTS_4_9_0_GA\install\lib does not exist.

       

       

      Total time: 0 seconds

       

       

      C:\Users\Boliev\Desktop\JBOSSTS_4_9_0_GA\XTS>

       

       

      What might be wrong with that?

        • 1. Re: Running JBOSSTS_4_9_0_GA XTS Demo
          Andrew Dinn Master

          Pavlos Polianidis wrote:

           

          I am trying to run the xts demo following the instructions by Andrew Dinn http://community.jboss.org/thread/157307. However, i get an error when i run ant install in xts directory.  The error message is:

           

           

           

          C:\Users\Boliev\Desktop\JBOSSTS_4_9_0_GA\XTS>ant install

          Buildfile: C:\Users\Boliev\Desktop\JBOSSTS_4_9_0_GA\XTS\build.xml

           

           

          BUILD FAILED

          C:\Users\Boliev\Desktop\JBOSSTS_4_9_0_GA\XTS\build.xml:95: C:\Users\Boliev\Deskt

          op\JBOSSTS_4_9_0_GA\install\lib does not exist.

           

           

          Total time: 0 seconds

           

           

          C:\Users\Boliev\Desktop\JBOSSTS_4_9_0_GA\XTS>

           

           

          What might be wrong with that?

           

          What might be wrong is that you don't have a JTA library. It looks like you have only executed step 1 and step 3  of the instructions

           

          1) Checkout a fresh copy of JBossTS-4.6.1.GA.CP04

           

          $ cd $HOME/mysourceroot

          $ svn co http://anonsvn.jboss.org/repos/labs/labs/jbosstm/tags/JBOSSTS_4_6_1_GA_CP04/

          2) cd to  the root of this svn source tree and build JBossTS

          $ cd JBOSSTS_4_6_1_GA_CP04

          $ ant jta

          3) cd to the XTs directory and build XTS

          $ cd XTS

          $ ant install

           

          You have obviously done steps 1 and 3. Did you also do step 2? If you did then you ought to have a directory called  C:\Users\Boliev\Desktop\JBOSSTS_4_9_0_GA\install\lib

          • 2. Re: Running JBOSSTS_4_9_0_GA XTS Demo
            Pavlos Polianidis Newbie

            Actually i have executed step 2. However i get the same error.

            • 3. Re: Running JBOSSTS_4_9_0_GA XTS Demo
              Andrew Dinn Master

              Pavlos Polianidis wrote:

               

              Actually i have executed step 2. However i get the same error.

              Ok, so if you have run ant jta in your top level directory:

               

              • Did this command complete successfully?
              • Did it produce a directory called install?
              • What is in this directory?

               

              The error message you quoted in  your initialpost says that <top-level-dir>/install/lib does not exist. This should not be the case if you ran ant jta andit finished without error. So, you need to post more details of what you did and what the outcome was in order to explain this.

              • 4. Re: Running JBOSSTS_4_9_0_GA XTS Demo
                Pavlos Polianidis Newbie

                Actually ant jta throws this error:

                build.xml:83 the following error occured while executing this line: build.xml:53

                • 5. Re: Running JBOSSTS_4_9_0_GA XTS Demo
                  Andrew Dinn Master

                  Pavlos Polianidis wrote:

                   

                  Actually ant jta throws this error:

                  build.xml:83 the following error occured while executing this line: build.xml:53

                  Well, I think you need to go to line 53 of the relevant build file and see why it is broken and then see what has caused ti to break.

                   

                  Hint: the original release probably does not break at this line-- our QA for community releases is limited but we definitely ensure that our code builds and deploys.

                   

                  Second hint: you will probably need to look at the rest of the output for help on how to work out what is broken.

                   

                  Third hint: if you keep coming back like a lost puppy dog begging for help when something breaks without doing the basic leg work and providing a clear description of a recognisable problem you will not get any more responses out of this forum.