3 Replies Latest reply on Mar 7, 2012 6:40 AM by claudio.sasso

How to read naming context error

tmcginnis5901

Can someone tell me how to read the naming context error to determine what the jndi name for my datasource should be?  It is currently set to java:jboss/jdbc/Church

Deployment of "Church.war" was rolled back with failure message {"Services with missing/unavailable dependencies" => ["jboss.naming.context.java.module.Church.Church.env.jdbc.Church missing [ jboss.naming.context.java.jboss.resources.jdbc.Church ]"]}

• 1. Re: How to read naming context error
          jaikiran

It looks like somewhere in your code or deployment descriptors, you have used java:jboss/resources/jdbc/Church instead of java:jboss/jdbc/Church.

• 2. Re: How to read naming context error
            tmcginnis5901

Okay, so the second string (jboss.naming.context.java.jboss.resources.jdbc.Church) represents the resource it is looking for.  What does the first string represent? (jboss.naming.context.java.module.Church.Church.env.jdbc.Church)  My war name is Church.war so I would guess that jboss.naming.context.java.module.Church would represent the war, but what is the rest?

And, do all resources have to be registered under the jndi name of java:jboss?

• 3. Re: How to read naming context error
              claudio.sasso

Up it's similar to what is happening to me, can someone give some hints about this naming problem in porting old ear to Jboss 7.1?