1 Reply Latest reply on Dec 1, 2011 9:04 PM by Vu Viet Phuong

GateIn IPC again

sseidel Newbie

Hello,

we're trying to get our old JBoss Portal-based application up with GateIn, and have solved most of the problems and worked around a couple of glitches in GateIn.

However, I'm unable to use IPC across different portal pages. According to Thomas Heute, it is not possible, and indeed, not recommended to use JSR-286 eventing across portal pages. So we've narrowed the problem down so the only thing we need is to switch to a certain view ID on the "target" portlet: portlet A on portal page X wants to send the user to portal page Y, where portlet B resides and portlet B should show view Z (view ID should be determined by portlet A). Is this at all possible? We're using JSF 1.2, portlets 2.0 and JBoss Portlet Bridge 2.2 Final.

Thanks,

Stefan

• 1. Re: GateIn IPC again
          Vu Viet Phuong Novice

Another portlet communication machanism is Public render parameter, but the hard thing is that the portlet mode must be changed in processAction or processEvent phase.

I think we need some thing like : pre_render event --> that portlet event should be dispatch from portal to portlet before portlet go to render phase, and in that event, portlet can determine how it'll render . I hope this machanism will be supported in GateIn soon