1 Reply Latest reply on Dec 9, 2011 2:34 PM by swiderski.maciej

User Interfaces with JSF 2.0

chris86

Hi community,

I'm new in jBPM. I want to create a webapplication which is based on a BPMN 2.0/BPMN workflow. I want to create my own interfaces for the Human-Task interaction.

1. Is it possible to model my BPMN 2.0 workflow with the Eclipse modeller and than create my own interfaces for the interaction with the Users?

2. When its possible, what languages are support (JSF2.0...)?

3. Are there some examples or tutorials which get me an introduction?

Thank you very much for your help.

Regards,

Chris

• 1. Re: User Interfaces with JSF 2.0
          swiderski.maciej

chris h wrote:

1. Is it possible to model my BPMN 2.0 workflow with the Eclipse modeller and than create my own interfaces for the interaction with the Users?

If you look at BPMN2 then the only version of jBPM is version 5.

Regarding building your human task forms/GUI in JSF 2.0, it is possible. jBPM is so flexible that it gives you opportunities to use any technology of your choice. Approach to it would be to utilize in you code TaskClient that provides interaction with Human Task Server.

chris h wrote:

3. Are there some examples or tutorials which get me an introduction?

If search the forum you should find some examples of usage in web application, if I recall it correctly from servlet but that does not really change in case of other technologies/frameworks. A great piece of information and examples you can find at bpmn2user's blog

HTH