3 Replies Latest reply on Dec 13, 2011 7:08 AM by ortolanph

Problems with JBoss Initialization

ortolanph

Hi, all

I'm facing a problem with my JBoss Initialization. I have an application that must access database when JBoss is started to perform a task, but it uses a datasource reference to start Hibernate and it fails de deploy my application. After this process my datasource is registered normally.

What I am looking for is to find a way to register my datasource before my application is deployed. Is there a way to do that? Which XML files do I have to modify to register my datasource first and the deploy my applications? Is this possible?

I am using JBOSS 4.2.3 (yeah, that old!).

Thanks in advance.

Paulo

• 1. Re: Problems with JBoss Initialization
          wdfink

I think I did not understand your issue.

Normally you define a datasource with a *-ds.xml file.

Such files are picked up before any RAR/JAR/EAR/WAR will be deployed.

Is it that simple or am I completly wrong

I yes please describe a bit more and attach example or log.

• 2. Re: Problems with JBoss Initialization
            ortolanph

Ok! Let me explain it better.

The problem is that I am deploying my application as a SAR file and JBOSS is deploying it before instantiating the datasouce. It contains some JMX processes inside and that was the only way to deploy this kind of process.

I've already defined a *-ds.xml file with datasource information and it's working fine.

If it's not clear yet, I can provide the log information.

Thanks!

• 3. Re: Problems with JBoss Initialization
              ortolanph

Here's a summary of my logs and some output of it.

1. Firstly it tries to deploy my sar project contents:

deploy/tmp2795733212503667698my-project-1.0.0-RC2-SNAPSHOT.sar-contents/lib/ehcache-1.6.2.jar!/ehcache-failsafe.xml

09:36:53,708 INFO  [Version] Hibernate Annotations 3.2.1.GA

09:36:53,718 INFO  [Environment] Hibernate 3.2.4.sp1

09:36:53,720 INFO  [Environment] loaded properties from resource hibernate.properties: {hibernate.bytecode.use_reflection_optimizer=false}

09:36:53,720 INFO  [Environment] Bytecode provider name : javassist

09:36:53,724 INFO  [Environment] using JDK 1.4 java.sql.Timestamp handling

09:36:53,785 INFO  [Configuration] configuring from resource: /hibernate.cfg.xml

09:36:53,785 INFO  [Configuration] Configuration resource: /hibernate.cfg.xml

09:36:53,907 INFO  [Configuration] Configured SessionFactory: null

It's configuring my ehcache and my hibernate.

2. It reads the Hibernate Entities

09:36:53,972 INFO  [AnnotationBinder] Binding entity from annotated class: org.myproject.entities.MyEntityClass1

09:36:53,998 INFO  [EntityBinder] Bind entity org.myproject.entities.MyEntityClass1 on table MYENTITYCLASS1

09:36:54,058 INFO  [AnnotationBinder] Binding entity from annotated class: org.myproject.entities.MyEntityClass2

09:36:54,058 INFO  [EntityBinder] Bind entity org.myproject.entities.MyEntityClass2 on table MYENTITYCLASS2

3. Now it's the crash time

09:36:55,013 INFO  [NamingHelper] JNDI InitialContext properties:{}

09:36:55,015 FATAL [DatasourceConnectionProvider] Could not find datasource: java:MyDS

javax.naming.NameNotFoundException: MyDS not bound

09:36:55,023 ERROR [MainDeployer] Could not create deployment: file:/home/user/server/jboss-4.2.3.GA/server/default/deploy/my-project-1.0.0-RC2-SNAPSHOT.sar

org.jboss.deployment.DeploymentException: - nested throwable: (java.lang.reflect.UndeclaredThrowableException)

This is when a Singleton will try to instantiate some objects. In this process it'll access the database, but the datasource is not instantiated.

4. And finally, the datasource is instantiated

09:36:58,386 INFO  [ConnectionFactoryBindingService] Bound ConnectionManager 'jboss.jca:service=DataSourceBinding,name=MyDS' to JNDI name 'java:MyDS'

5. JBOSS warns me about incomplete deploys...

--- Incompletely deployed packages ---

org.jboss.deployment.DeploymentInfo@aa687af9 { url=file:/home/user/server/jboss-4.2.3.GA/server/default/deploy/my-project-1.0.0-RC2-SNAPSHOT.sar }

deployer: org.jboss.deployment.SARDeployer@17494c8

status: Deployment FAILED reason: - nested throwable: (java.lang.reflect.UndeclaredThrowableException)

state: FAILED

watch: file:/home/user/server/jboss-4.2.3.GA/server/default/deploy/my-project-1.0.0-RC2-SNAPSHOT.sar

altDD: null

lastDeployed: 1323776213279

lastModified: 1323776205000

mbeans:

... and then starts:

09:36:59,077 INFO  [Server] JBoss (MX MicroKernel) [4.2.3.GA (build: SVNTag=JBoss_4_2_3_GA date=200807181439)] Started in 16s:191ms

This is what's happening. Any ideas? Suggestions? Comments?

Thanks in advance.