0 Replies Latest reply on Dec 15, 2011 11:23 PM by eabrand

Message Driven Beans (MDB) with JCA Connections

eabrand

Is there a way to define an MDB to listen to a queue that is defined within the -ds.xml file, the IBM MQ JCA datasource configuration?

At the moment I'm defining the message listener as follows:

@MessageDriven(mappedName = "Controller", activationConfig = {

@ActivationConfigProperty(propertyName = "messagingType", propertyValue = "javax.jms.MessageListener"),

@ActivationConfigProperty(propertyName = "destinationType", propertyValue = "javax.jms.Queue"),

@ActivationConfigProperty(propertyName = "destination", propertyValue = "_QueueName_"),

@ActivationConfigProperty(propertyName = "queueManager", propertyValue = "_QueueManagerName_"),

@ActivationConfigProperty(propertyName = "transportType", propertyValue = "CLIENT"),

@ActivationConfigProperty(propertyName = "channel", propertyValue = "_Channel_"),

@ActivationConfigProperty(propertyName = "hostName", propertyValue = "_Hostname_") })

@ResourceAdapter("wmq.jmsra.rar")

@TransactionAttribute(TransactionAttributeType.NOT_SUPPORTED)

@TransactionManagement(TransactionManagementType.CONTAINER)

public class Controller implements MessageListener {

}

I am using JBoss EAP 5.1.

I would like to define the queue by the JNDI name instead of defining everything within the class. I haven't been able to find anything about this.