0 Replies Latest reply on Dec 20, 2011 5:47 AM by maximilian.hoetzl

Migrating from JBoss 5 to 7

maximilian.hoetzl

Hi

we have the following problems with our ears on jboss 7:

• i have read the migration article on jboss.org about the new class loading mechanisms
      • we always use class loader isolation
      • i get the following errors:

09:04:20,638 WARN  [org.jboss.as.server.deployment] (MSC service thread 1-1) Class Path entry qpar-client-1.3.0-SNAPSHOT.jar in "/C:/jboss-as-7.1.0.Beta1/bin/content/qpro-ear-2.0.0-SNAPSHOT.ear/qpro-ejb-main-2.0.0-SNAPSHOT.jar" does not point to a valid jar for a Class-Path reference. 09:04:20,640 WARN  [org.jboss.as.server.deployment] (MSC service thread 1-1) Class Path entry qpar-common-1.3.0-SNAPSHOT.jar in "/C:/jboss-as-7.1.0.Beta1/bin/content/qpro-ear-2.0.0-SNAPSHOT.ear/qpro-ejb-main-2.0.0-SNAPSHOT.jar" does not point to a valid jar for a Class-Path reference.

both "missing" jars are nicely placed inside qpro-ear-2.0.0-SNAPSHOT.ear/lib

and these are not the only ones, there are more jars in the ear/lib which are labelled as missing.

why is that?

next question:

we have a component, which consists of multiple mbeans, which read a specific placed properties-file after their start and create datasources, securitydomains(for encrypted passwords and real securitydomains) or persistence-units from these properties.

but:

• i read, there is no way to deploy a separate DS oduring runtime on jboss7. really?
      • is there a way to encrypt the db password instead of having it in clear text
      • is there way to deploy a persistence-jar (with persistence.xml inside) in a way, so its classloader connects to the one from the ear (on jboss5 i put a jboss.xml with the correct classloader-name inside the persistence.xml)

so, right now, i feel that jboss7 needed to get out, and backwards compatibility ws sacrificed for that

greets max