4 Replies Latest reply on Sep 10, 2012 10:17 AM by santos.sandro

Developer's workflow and JBAS014803: Duplicate resource

rhusar

Here is a doubt about logging message with this developer workflow:

1. i deploy an app (copy to standalone/deployments) with a deployment issue
      2. the deployment is marked as failed (.failed dep. descriptor is created)
      3. i shutdown ctrl+c
      4. fix my app
      5. copy over in standalone/deployments
      6. start the server again and I get:

12:05:03,295 INFO  [org.jboss.as.server.deployment.scanner] (MSC service thread 1-4) JBAS015012: Started FileSystemDeploymentService for directory /home/rhusar/Download/jboss-as-7.1.0.CR1-SNAPSHOT/standalone/deployments

12:05:03,310 INFO  [org.jboss.as.server.deployment.scanner] (DeploymentScanner-threads - 1) JBAS015014: Re-attempting failed deployment clusterbench-ee6.ear

12:05:03,441 INFO  [org.jboss.as] (Controller Boot Thread) JBoss AS 7.1.0.CR1-SNAPSHOT "Tesla" started in 3270ms - Started 152 of 259 services (102 services are passive or on-demand)

12:05:03,442 ERROR [org.jboss.as.controller.management-operation] (DeploymentScanner-threads - 2) Operation ("add") failed - address: ([("deployment" => "clusterbench-ee6.ear")]) - failure description: "JBAS014803: Duplicate resource [(\"deployment\" => \"clusterbench-ee6.ear\")]"

12:05:03,450 ERROR [org.jboss.as.server.deployment.scanner] (DeploymentScanner-threads - 1) JBAS014654: Composite operation was rolled back

12:05:03,451 ERROR [org.jboss.as.server.deployment.scanner] (DeploymentScanner-threads - 1) {"JBAS014653: Composite operation failed and was rolled back. Steps that failed:" => {"Operation step-1" => "JBAS014803: Duplicate resource [(\"deployment\" => \"clusterbench-ee6.ear\")]"}}

Not very usable / user friendly / clear whats going on. Should we provide better wording here?

• 1. Re: Developer's workflow and JBAS014803: Duplicate resource
          jaikiran

You shouldn't be seeing that exception at all. The filesystem deployments aren't written back to the domain configurations, so I don't see what duplicate resource it's complaining about.

• 2. Re: Developer's workflow and JBAS014803: Duplicate resource
            jaikiran

12:05:03,310 INFO  [org.jboss.as.server.deployment.scanner] (DeploymentScanner-threads - 1) JBAS015014: Re-attempting failed deployment clusterbench-ee6.ear

Actually, this might be a bug in the FileSystemDeploymentService. From what I understand of that message, it's triggering a retry of a failed deployment and probably the previous failed management operation isn't rolling back completely or this retry is trying to add the deployment content again. I'll have to check the code. I don't remember seeing this issue earlier because I have tried out similar usecase many times before without any issues.

• 3. Re: Developer's workflow and JBAS014803: Duplicate resource
              rhusar

I have the same understanding of the problem. Strange you havent seen it before, I have seen it quite some time ago for the first time. I may have been doing something wrong, but no idea what would that be. It was clean unzip and exactly what I described in the workflow.

PS: funnily enough, I ran into this when trying out your implementation for AS7-2887 :-)

• 4. Re: Developer's workflow and JBAS014803: Duplicate resource
                santos.sandro

I had a lot of trouble using jboss-cli to do rar deployment, it must be in the archive tag in the resources subsystem configuration. When I copied the files in the deployment directory and use the MCF implementation class, I finnaly could get a adapter working.