I upgraded to M5 but the problem seems to remain.
About jira I'm not sure on how to reproduce the problem since I have other projects with similar structure and they work just fine and I don't understand what is triggering it.
I'm also quite sure that the same project worked fine a few days ago and I didn't changed anything important in the configuration. I'll try to revert old source to be sure.
Thanks for the help.
just noticed you mentioend maven - do you have latest version of eclipse m2e/wtp installed to be sure it actually configures m2e properly to work with WTP style projects?
I have m2e 1.0.100 and wtp 3.3.1, they are the latest right?
I tried to revert to a version of my project that I knew was working and the problem remain the same, so it have to be something in eclipse.
I should try to delete the workspace and recreate it, but actually I'm working on a different project. Will try when I switch again to that project.
Finally I figured out the problem.
For some reason the C project (the utility module) had wrong configuration in Deployment Assembly section of the project properties.
The /src/ folder was mapped on / deploy path. Instead the /src/main/java forlder should be mapped on / deploy path.
I still don't know how this happened (neved changed this section manually). May be there was a problem with the eclipse project configuration generation from maven configuration, but I don't know.
Thanks for the help,