2 Replies Latest reply on Dec 23, 2011 4:27 PM by out sider

Customizing web designer look

out sider Newbie

When using the web designer of jBPM it obviously needs to comply with BPMN2.0 regarding the graphical presentation of the business process.

But considering I want to apply the jBPM workflow engine in a particular scenario I'd like to know if it's possible to change how the different process elements look like.

Example: Change the element list and how each element is shown like the icons.

Is that possible? And if so is it difficult?

Thanks in advance

• 1. Re: Customizing web designer look
          Tihomir Surdilovic Master

Quick answer: Yes this is possible with creating a new profile. A profile determines what stencil set to is used among other things. A stencil set is combined of a number of svg and png images of your nodes, node attribute information, connection rules etc.

As far as if it's difficult - not difficult but it does take time to develop your own profile.

I'd be glad to help you out with details (hit me up on irc - http://www.jboss.org/jbpm/irc), but would ask that once you get to the point where you are familiar with the designer code (which you will be after creating a new profile) that you contribute to designer at some point  something you think would be useful to have.

• 2. Re: Customizing web designer look
            out sider Newbie

Many thanks for the quick and usefull response.

I'll look into it and if I do get to the point of asking for help on irc I'll certainly try to make a contribute.